PDA

View Full Version : I have the Varian...I mean Power!

Syn3sthesia
08-15-2008, 12:43 PM
I ordered 1 KG from the Matty website and imagine my surprise when I got the Bronze one.

I got it on Monday and just decided to open it just now. I was affraid of all the feedback that has been surrounding this fig with broken feet, resealed boxes, etc.

Mine was not perfect. I don't know who decided to place the sword with the packaging in a very awkard position. His hand had come apart from the wrist section.

Luckily it was an easy fix and it's back to looking fantastic!

Dawg99
08-15-2008, 12:46 PM
good score

DOC
08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
NICE!! Score one for the Fans

RolandofGilead
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
They do exist! Congratulations on the huge score!
:D

topnotch97
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
oh noes.... Hans Solo!!!! Bobba Fett has struck again!!! LOL :D

GGPiKE
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I ordered 1 KG from the Matty website and imagine my surprise when I got the Bronze one.

I got it on Monday and just decided to open it just now. I was affraid of all the feedback that has been surrounding this fig with broken feet, resealed boxes, etc.

Mine was not perfect. I don't know who decided to place the sword with the packaging in a very awkard position. His hand had come apart from the wrist section.

Luckily it was an easy fix and it's back to looking fantastic!

I got mine from Mattycollector yesterday too, and to my surprise I also got the variant!

I actually wanted the normal version, but I'm not complaining in the least bit! I'll still pick it up.

What are the issues with the figure? I haven't really kept up with any of the He-Man stuff.

Syn3sthesia
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I got mine from Mattycollector yesterday too, and to my surprise I also got the variant!

I actually wanted the normal version, but I'm not complaining in the least bit! I'll still pick it up.

What are the issues with the figure? I haven't really kept up with any of the He-Man stuff.

Some figs have arrived with broken feet, some boxes were open and then resealed to check if the variant was there (before they were mailed out), some have capes that are falling apart (not glued entirely) and some have the whole gimmick with the lights and voice stop working.

GGPiKE
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Some figs have arrived with broken feet, some boxes were open and then resealed to check if the variant was there (before they were mailed out), some have capes that are falling apart (not glued entirely) and some have the whole gimmick with the lights and voice stop working.

Wow, that's not good. The tape on the outer box was still intact, but it looked like the tab had been messed with. Everything else was fine. Lights, voice, figure were in good shape. I can't tell you how many times I opened the draw bridge last night to see/hear "I have the power!" Really took me back.

Do you know if the figure problems are said to be a problem with the normal line, or just this sdcc run?

Syn3sthesia
08-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow, that's not good. The tape on the outer box was still intact, but it looked like the tab had been messed with. Everything else was fine. Lights, voice, figure were in good shape. I can't tell you how many times I opened the draw bridge last night to see/hear "I have the power!" Really took me back.

Do you know if the figure problems are said to be a problem with the normal line, or just this sdcc run?

The problems discussed above only apply to the SDCC one. We will see how it goes for the rest of the line probably later on.

VIPER 48
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the nice score...:)

sgt.bludhound
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I have yet to recieve Mine! I don't a want BRONZE!!

GunghosLipHair
08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
i got one of each, traded my reg. version to a fellow tanker

QBERT
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm a big MOTU fan, but i'm just not feeling this line or any of it's figures. I guess the Four Horsemen spolied me.

Gaelinic
08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm a big MOTU fan, but i'm just not feeling this line or any of it's figures. I guess the Four Horsemen spolied me.

I'm not a Four Horseman fanboy and don't follow them at all. But, my understanding is that they designed these figures. In fact, when I bought my Greyskull and Lobo figs, they were there at the Mattel booth signing the boxes. I asked them who they were and if they had designed Greyskull and Lobo. They said, "That's us!" I figured I'd ask them to sign the boxes in case it added any value to the set.

245am
08-16-2008, 01:46 AM

The 4 HM did design this line; it came about in part because their original concept for the 2002 line included lots more articulation, but Matel wanted a more kid-friendly line that could stand up to more wear and tear. There are some interesting early prototype photos around of some 2002 figs with knee and ankle articulation...

and Syn3sthesia, congrats on the Bronze score man, but don't get too happy, it's my understanding that Michael Phelps already has 7 gold Grayskulls. :D
EDIT: 8