PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick to my frak'n stomach!!!!!!!

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 12:12 AM
I went to a Walmart today and I saw 10 IG/Destro packs. Yes 10. Now heres the FRAK'N problem with this picture. All the packs had Cobra Air Troopers in then stripped down. I just made a comment about crap like this happening because the IG'S are not going to be single pack. I don't complain when I don't find anything. It's the nature of this line, but this crap. I need a drink!!!

Dr. Henry E. Miller
08-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Thats rough broski.

Syn3sthesia
08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
holy crap.

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I expected to see little bit of this crap, but not on this scale. GenTex and I felt there was a new player in San Antonio and now it's confirmed. He's a D-bag!!!!!!

COBRACOLLECTOR
08-10-2008, 12:33 AM
wow thats crazy

the other day i seen a hiss tank
and sumone stole just the drivers head lol

i was so glad i had this tank already cus if i needed it and saw it like that id be pissed off

ibjc1106
08-10-2008, 12:36 AM
What Walmart in SA was this at? The few 25th stuff I have bought has just been online, but it would be nice to know where to be on the lookout for this crap.

Lantern_Lad
08-10-2008, 12:36 AM
That's the problem with Hasbro's current packaging... it is too easy to tamper with packages held together by tape.

I know this was happening before the taping of packages, but the increase in incidences like this have been astronomical.

Lightning LA
08-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Man that takes a real Scum bag to do something like that,i'd love to catch someone trying to return that crap.I'd bust them out to the Store to quick!!!

Tunnel Rat
08-10-2008, 12:38 AM
well u should feel lucky.....atleast u have seen a wave 5 cp.. even though it was butchered

gunslingercbr
08-10-2008, 12:41 AM
That's the problem with Hasbro's current packaging... it is too easy to tamper with packages held together by tape.

I know this was happening before the taping of packages, but the increase in incidences like this have been astronomical.

it's not a packaging problem, people who do this would find a way to pull it off no matter what. it is a problem with the returns desk that don't know what to look for or can't think analytically about why someone would buy 10 of something and return them all. something should be very odd about that to them.

nacho
08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
That's totally crazy. Did you contact a manager?

FYI, expect some folks here to be skeptical. I was told I was a liar and that I made it up just to get attention when I posted a wild repack story a couple of weeks ago. Pictures shut them up :) http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-real-american-hero-modern-toys/14523-more-repack-nonsense.html

Agent-GHQ
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
That's quite disturbing!

concrete
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
damn shame

verzeihen
08-10-2008, 12:48 AM
you know what I think should happen to a @#@$ head like that, if they should happen to be caught!!!!!! they should have their hands chop off!!!!! That is just wrong , and that person just cost themselves a grand . some where on down the line in there life. FOR KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tkprime
08-10-2008, 12:52 AM
ROTFLMAO........Sorry guys, but OMG, has it really come to this? Have we as toy collectors strayed so far from the path that we dare open a package and put a different figure in just to get the newest troop builder? What is the World coming to that a man can't walk in and get a package that hasn't been trooper raped?

All I know is that there is a special place in hell for people like this, who's with me?

Barefoot Jedi
08-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Sad thing, it's probably a 50/50 chance the culprit is a collector who wants to army build. It could be someone who sells stuff on ebay, but somehow I feel it's a collector.

Anyone think Hasbro should stop packaging stuff so it's easy to get into it without destroying the package?

Irid70
08-10-2008, 01:16 AM
it's not a packaging problem, people who do this would find a way to pull it off no matter what. it is a problem with the returns desk that don't know what to look for or can't think analytically about why someone would buy 10 of something and return them all. something should be very odd about that to them.

Very true.

However...how do you get critical thinking skills at minimum wage?

Captain STEVEN DePACE
08-10-2008, 01:18 AM
you know what I think should happen to a @#@$ head like that, if they should happen to be caught!!!!!! they should have their hands chop off!!!!!

HELL YEAH USA FOR SAUDI ARABIA!

All I know is that there is a special place in hell for people like this, who's with me?

Yeah a place that doesn't exsist has a room for guys who switch toys, it's right beside world leaders and activist judges.

Tomahawk
08-10-2008, 01:36 AM
sadly i see alot of this crap in my area also......the dbags not only replace the joes with corps crap but also replace the star wars with corps also

Crimson Rage
08-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Walmart should be interested in the fact that they going to be losing money on these figures. Why don't they do something? Do they really not care?

Dark 5cythe
08-10-2008, 04:22 AM
You know what the real problem is? Yeah it sucks that someone stole the figures. But the real culprit here, instead of blaming each other, we should be blaming.............

HASBRO!!!!

They claim they didnt raise the price. We know they did. Theres proof online from news sources saying they were raising toy prices.

and they dont do a damn thing to stop Targay or Walmart or TRU from gouging us. They dont care.

topnotch97
08-10-2008, 05:43 AM
i've seen a comic pack around here where the IG was "stolen" or "shoplifted" and then leaving the black variant destro untouched.

yeah, must be a kid.

DOC
08-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Did you pick it up???

Lody
08-10-2008, 07:05 AM

I don't know-it seems that all the comic packs and boxed sets (the ones that are easily tampered with) are the ones getting hit.

That sucks man. I wasin CA last week (I am moving to LA) and spent allday Sunday looking for Joes etc. I was disappointed until I finally found a Destro/IF two pack. I'd have been super ripped if it was swapped out.

I don't complain about Hasbro much, but they have GOT to know that this a been such a huge problem the last few years.

TheLongestDay
08-10-2008, 08:10 AM
...i feel there is a snake among usssss....er i mean US

Silent Ninja
08-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Yep, this sucks! I posted three pics of this crap last week on a thread. Haven't seen of with the newer packs yet. Hasbeo definitely has to do something as walmart doesnt care. The manager I pointed this crap out to confirmed this.

Jism83
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
pics or it didnt happen

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
That's totally crazy. Did you contact a manager?

FYI, expect some folks here to be skeptical. I was told I was a liar and that I made it up just to get attention when I posted a wild repack story a couple of weeks ago. Pictures shut them up :) http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-real-american-hero-modern-toys/14523-more-repack-nonsense.html

Ya, I know what you mean. A few months back I posted a story of me screwing over a scalper and giving a kid a couple of figs I had in hand that the scalper wanted right in front of him. I was called a liar and horder.

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
pics or it didnt happen

See,it's already happening. I droped my phone in the water so it's pretty much trashed and I'm not going all the way back over there with a camera.

hectorxd
08-10-2008, 10:27 AM
why is everyone blaming other sources? The store, Hasbro? Its the person who switched the figures fault. They did it. They are responsible for their actions, but I guess not according to some of you guys. Probably a crusader to some on here.

jeremywatts
08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen this here in Baton Rouge yet but with the IG Destro Grenadier pack I fear it will. I've seen tons of these wave 5 CP's in town and all of them are gold headed Destro this means that the Destro is not wanted but the IG I'm sure people are drooling over. Temptation will strike and I will start seeing the same thing I'm sure.

Lody
08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
See,it's already happening. I droped my phone in the water so it's pretty much trashed and I'm not going all the way back over there with a camera.

Yeah well his eternal optimism is the reason why he has already been banned before.

nacho
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
why is everyone blaming other sources? The store, Hasbro? Its the person who switched the figures fault. They did it. They are responsible for their actions, but I guess not according to some of you guys. Probably a crusader to some on here.

Exactly. I don't care if the figs are sitting on the shelf with no packaging and cost $1000 each, it's STILL the fault of the individual who made a concious decision to steal. You can't blame the store or manufacturer because it's too tempting to steal?! Please, the individuals involved who's sense of morality has been replaced by a sense of entitlement are the ONLY people to blame.

DevilDog00
08-10-2008, 10:41 AM
It just sucks overall!!! You spend all that time and effort to get the figure you want, I mean the fun is in the hunt only to find that someone repacked the figures you wanted with some cheap immitation plastic, you bring it up to the manager and they do nothing! No wait, they tell you that it will be taken care of and then you see it the next day on the shelf. Hasbro doesn't care nor the retail stores as long as they can sell the item. Little "Johnny" will buy it! That's what they say, cause they know most little kids don't know what the hell there buying cause the package is sealed. That is until they get home and thier little friend tells them otherwise and it's back to store to customer service to do the return! Vicious cycle and it just Sucks!!!

Jism83
08-10-2008, 10:45 AM

im just kidding man. there seems to be a lot of this going around. I havent seen it yet. I hope when/if i do someone switched some stuff out with some random figure i have been looking for haha

Texas Swamp
08-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I seen a woman returning a copperhead cp wit corp figs in it and over heard her tellin the lady at the counter her son said it was packed with wrong figures.

Lantern_Lad
08-10-2008, 11:48 AM

LIke I said in my post, yes, I know this would happen regardless, but their current packaging practice has made it easier.

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 11:55 AM
What Walmart in SA was this at? The few 25th stuff I have bought has just been online, but it would be nice to know where to be on the lookout for this crap.

It was at the one on F.M. 78 buy Judson H.S., and sorry if I'm short with anyone I'm still pissed off about this crap. Most of us spend our hard earned dollars on this stuff, spend more on gas looking for this stuff.Alot of you feel the same pain.

jaxscorpio
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Exactly. I don't care if the figs are sitting on the shelf with no packaging and cost $1000 each, it's STILL the fault of the individual who made a concious decision to steal. You can't blame the store or manufacturer because it's too tempting to steal?! Please, the individuals involved who's sense of morality has been replaced by a sense of entitlement are the ONLY people to blame.

Careful. Such talk will most certainly bring the d-bags to this thread who believe it's ok steal as long as it can be justified. To these folks it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. They're also the first to tell you that you have some sense of moral superiority because you're not a thief. Well DUH!

Some paraphrased classics I've seen in threads like this include:

"I didn't steal the items. I just left the store knowing I didn't pay for them. It's the clerk's fault for not ringing them up."

"It's not my fault that the stores increased the prices. If they don't want people to steal they need to price these things so people can afford them."

"Hasbro won't increase production so it's their fault people are stealing."

etc...etc....etc...

Some folks will just go out of their way to blame everyone but themselves when it comes to morally questionable behavior.

rob0213
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Terrible news. There will always be someone who takes the easy way to get what they want. Karma will take care of that. Hopefully those people will get caught and prosocuted.

nacho
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Careful. Such talk will most certainly bring the d-bags to this thread who believe it's ok steal as long as it can be justified. To these folks it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. They're also the first to tell you that you have some sense of moral superiority because you're not a thief. Well DUH!
Some folks will just go out of their way to blame everyone but themselves when it comes to morally questionable behavior.

True, society as a whole likes to find someone else to blame for everything. But I can't figure how anyone can justify stealing as anything but... stealing. No one owes them anything. If someone on here actually tries to defend outright theft, I'll simply pity them.

If someone wants to flame me for not condoning theft, so be it, I'll live.

fred V
08-10-2008, 12:44 PM
i have seen this done to the star wars evolution packs also....

Shogi
08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
LIke I said in my post, yes, I know this would happen regardless, but their current packaging practice has made it easier.

Exactly. Now Hasbro could take steps to avoid this happening (In fact they have done something similar with the comics and Doc stickers being bagged now) If Hasbro packaged the comic packs like the old Toy Biz Marvel Legends, we'd see this crap drop dramatically.

I'd love to see someone try to return one of those packages all covered with tape and glue and crap :) (Sadly, it'd probably get accepted)

BTW, I'd like for someone in the area of the original poster to go to the store, take a picture of all the tampered/stolen comic packs and hand copies to the manager and Hasbro informing them that there is now $100 worth of merchandise that will barely be able to be sold because of this practice

speedocub
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd beat them to a pulp. It happens here in Socal all the time. TRU should be wise to what they have on the shelf. And be smart about what they take back as a return. I'm really shocked at WalMart though. Walmarts out here hardly have the GI Joe line.

Nemesis*Prime
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Words fail me.

Lantern_Lad
08-10-2008, 01:44 PM
If Hasbro packaged the comic packs like the old Toy Biz Marvel Legends, we'd see this crap drop dramatically.

Absolutely... however, then we'd see another price increase due to the cost of oil used in the packaging process...

IT'S A DAMN DIRTY CATCH 22!!!

Agent-GHQ
08-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I've seen The Crimson twins with its hea swapped with Han Solo!

CaptainDinobot
08-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow, what some will go through to get free army builders.

evopete
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I would Tell Walmart and see if they can research the Video or the Transactions of the Returns, and Nail his ARS that way...... Please Update us...

SITHLOU33
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
My cousin is going and try to go buy and get some pics and tell the manager. The Walmart is a hell of alot closer to him than me. The main reason I went there last nite was to get beer to watch some pretty bad Dallas Cowboy preseason football, but that's another story.

skullshine
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
It's crazy how much Joe related theft is going on these days. Just crazy....

mswi
08-10-2008, 09:14 PM
almost makes me glad that theres hardly any joes up here.....almost.

GEN.TEX
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I expected to see little bit of this crap, but not on this scale. GenTex and I felt there was a new player in San Antonio and now it's confirmed. He's a D-bag!!!!!!
I hear that I went to a TRU on Blanco today and 2 DVD packs had Baroness replaced with a VvV figure in her place.

Pit Viper
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
It's almost at the point where Hasbro is going to have to just start selling all of it's figures on single cards. I don't think anyone has managed to switch out and reseal a single carded figure yet have they?

sgt.bludhound
08-12-2008, 12:05 AM
@ a TRU in cali I seen ONE Firefly vs. Greenshirt pack and FF was replaced with a CG officer... that Frak'n pissed me off since it was the last one on the shelf.

are people that poor that they have to swap figures out and return them? that's why theres ebay or forums like this!!!! so we can help each other out not swap figures and return them!!