PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles Early Stages of POC VAMP to Stinger conversion

the-ron-man
10-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,

I just picked up a spare VAMP from ShockVal (Thanks!) and wanted to go Stinger with it. I am not planning on as many missiles as the other custom, which does look sweet. Right now, just some Ultra Flat Black Krylon that was left over from years ago. Easy disassembly. Paint, reassemble, load with figures... Here it is. I like the all black. I may steal the red headlight idea. Over all, I like this vehicle no matter the color. I do like having something for some COBRA Troops to cruise in though.

By the by, I think this may be my first actual post. I don't head down the custom route often either. Lack of skill, time and gosh, I am just reluctant to cut up something that is already pretty cool in fear of just messing it up.

-'Ron-Man'

sbartek1974
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Awesome work. Do you plan on adding some Cobra decals? Maybe go to Cobrastickers.com and purchase some Cobra Stinger decals and apply those.

lowlight27
10-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Dude,
I'm so glad people are doing this now, converting the Vamps into Stingers, I would only suggest a little more Red to the Vehicle if you aren't planning on the missiles. You did a great job so far, I think I might have to bunker down and get a Vamp.

Dem_Yoe'z!
10-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Dude,
I'm so glad people are doing this now, converting the Vamps into Stingers, I would only suggest a little more Red to the Vehicle if you aren't planning on the missiles. You did a great job so far, I think I might have to bunker down and get a Vamp.

^This^ Gotta have some red, and a few cobra sigils too. Looks great so far though, I hope Hasbro does something like this at some point. They could throw in a grey POC Cobra Trooper with different web gear for the driver and it's be pure win!

darth viper
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
i think i am going to try the rit dye approach and make a stinger as well. the black looks wicked sweet man!

vince_chua
10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Looks great man! I was planning to do the same. though not as Stinger but my custom S.W.A.T. team transport. Thanks for showing me how good it'll look. :)

the-ron-man
10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the good words guys. I am totally going to do some decals. Red Cobra logos are a must! I am thinking about the missile launcher. But, I think I'll try to work on mounting the rocket launchers from the POC Viper in a more interesting way. I do like those, so I won't want to mess 'em up too much.

By the by, as a novice, I painted the roll cage without priming it... The first time. D'oh! For the most part, the paint peeled right off. I spent a couple of hours scraping and scrubbing it to get the remnants off. The soft plastic nature required priming. The hard plastic body was fine without priming. Though, I probably should have went through that exercise.

I do love these VAMPs when they are all loaded up. And, I can see this making a SWEET S.W.A.T. vehicle too.

DARKWIND
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Lookin damn good, I did one in German Grey for my Black-Ops team.
Just gotta finalize the weapons loadout before I post pics.