PDA

View Full Version : Any1 notice the increase in lurkers?

Jism83
08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Just curious if anyone else has noticed the increase in lurkers posting on this board trying to sell and trade items since the realse of wave 9 and SDCC CC's?

I see a lot of people with 1 or 2 posts just popping up trying to trade BATs for PDD and Black suit CC's for yellow stalkers & gold PDD and Black head destros for PDD and Pipers and so on......

Did this happen last year when PDD came out?

Nemesis_Enforcer
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't really look for that, so I haven't noticed.

I will tell you that I joined last year right around SDCC and one of my first posts were to let people know about the PDDs being available on HTS.

I got back into collecting early during the 25th Anniversary collection debut which was around that time. Maybe a lot of these people are new to collecting and they got their jump start with Comic Con.

Gung.Heaux
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
i thought a lurker was someone who was visiting but didnt participate by posting.

guess im wrong.

concrete
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
if they registered and all, how are they "lurkers" and not just new members?

harkiri
08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
looks at screen name......yeah, that was my definition too, someone who looks at the site but doesnt post very often, more looking then talking. I might have to remove that now since I am over 100 though :)

As for the increase. I joined right about the time of Toy Fair, but not to sell. I just didnt have alot to talk about. I was already collecting, but maybe I felt more excited about it around that time.

Maybe the same is happening now with SOME of the new people. Others are probably on just to sell there stuff, but I would think not all.

COBRACOLLECTOR
08-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I Noticed alot of new people posting 4 trades aswell

i dont really like to make deals with members i havent really seen around Often but i guess you have to give that trust and take a chance sumtimes like a tank member did 4 us when we were newbies to the site

Viper 48 is the first person to deal with me and trusted that i would send his funds great tanker all around and because of him i stood on this site since because i felt he was so kool and trusted me and that is Priceless.

That Trust is whut makes this site great to me

To see so many people interact for one common cause and pull togther so evry one gets the fig they want.

ok Ok enuff of my DR king speech fellaz

lol hahaha

Syn3sthesia
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I noticed it. They must be here doing their homework.

Things to scalp..

Blue Commander,
Black Head Destro,
Kota, WTF is that? Scalp anyways....

sharke
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
i thought a lurker was someone who was visiting but didnt participate by posting.

guess im wrong.

nah, I think you are right

Griff
08-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I noticed it. They must be here doing their homework.

Things to scalp..

Blue Commander,
Black Head Destro,
Kota, WTF is that? Scalp anyways....

scalp Kota?!! LOL Now that would be impressive, especially at that price tag :>

harkiri
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
its been done with furbee's, Elmo's, Playstation 2's and Xbox's...why not Kota? :P

Bionic Commando
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
The only place I noticed it are in the sightings thread.I always post when and where I find something then I go back a couple hours later just to check and everything always gets wiped out so I know there are other collectors in my area or at least some people reading my findings yet I don't see that many people post a sighting only until recently there might have been 1 or 2 other posters

WVMojo
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Must find Bolo to scalp for hundreds of dollars...

Echo7Solo
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
it is getting closer to the movie, look at the trafic of the site now, every day we are getting more new members. GI Joe is one of if not the hottest collectable so yeah there are a lot of new people. And don't worry about what happens, most people around here know who to and how to trade.