PDA

View Full Version : 1982-83 cobra commander

Archangel36
09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi i recently bought one off ebay its near mint but the face mask has what looks like a brush stroke in a darker grey. Is this how they came or was it perfectly painted? The seller says he didnt do anything to it

drunknmunky
09-07-2011, 06:26 PM
There shouldn't be anything on the mask. The factory paint applications are nice and smooth. The silver was prone to rubbing off so someone tried to fix it. The seller may not have done it himself but it shouldve been noted in the auction.

crock master
09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
damn, maybe you can find a cc head somewhere might want to make sure the joints havnt been nail polished.some people do this to tighten joints.i dont deal with ebay, but id leave a feedback.

Archangel36
09-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Damn... I really was hoping it was original, that is very frustrating

vapor
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
you learn as you go man, something weak like this has happened to all of us at one time or another, what i would do is tell the seller your unhappy with your purchase since it wasnt listed in the description and hopefully he will refund you.

Archangel36
09-07-2011, 09:46 PM
The seller told me to goto hell and that there was pictures.. But the picture was from so far you can't tell.. Anyone know where i can find a decent condition cobra commander? Also how can you tell if the joints have been nail polished they feel brand new

5h4rK
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
The seller told me to goto hell and that there was pictures.. But the picture was from so far you can't tell.. Anyone know where i can find a decent condition cobra commander? Also how can you tell if the joints have been nail polished they feel brand new

I'll take a look through my stuff and I'll let you know.. you can also look out for the Chinese version of the Commander, it is very close to the original and you can buy it for way cheaper MOC.. his weapon is not the same though..

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/GiJoe/MOSC/ChinaCobraComMOSC1a.jpg

crock master
09-07-2011, 10:16 PM
the polish will be noticable chances are he doesnt if the apps still look good. but you will see the shine where the polish is dabbed.also if the joints are extreemly tight that could be a red flag. like so tight you think you might break off the limb, hope i didnt spook you too bad on that. but the tank will help you out, sometimes for free

Archangel36
09-08-2011, 02:44 AM
the polish will be noticable chances are he doesnt if the apps still look good. but you will see the shine where the polish is dabbed.also if the joints are extreemly tight that could be a red flag. like so tight you think you might break off the limb, hope i didnt spook you too bad on that. but the tank will help you out, sometimes for free

shoot, I noticed that the joints were so tight.. it's funny I have always loved joe's and cobra commander was the one that I never could get as a kid and just when I save enough to buy one this happens.. thanks for helping me with this everyone

ShockVal
09-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Pics? If nothing else at least you have one to play with... errr ugghhh I mean pose. If he isn't carded then I don't see what the big deal is. You can always find a loose one. Mine is well worn from hard play and many years of storage in a baggie. He isn't worth much dollar wise but means a lot to me.