PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Bruce Campbell vs Frankenstein?

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
09-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Any Bruce fans out there hear any updates on this?

It was supposed to be the sequel to My Name Is Bruce, and it had an IMDB page at one point, but its gone now.

I thought maybe some of you hardcore Bruce fans might have more info.

WVMojo
09-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I was waiting for it as well...he was working on just as Burn Notice was taking off and now it is what it is...guess the B movie star is taking a steady paycheck over a direct to DVD sequel...

Awesome movie though. Did you read his books?

SVT_COBRA
09-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Ive read his books, theyre pretty funny.

He is playing a role in Raimi's upcoming Wizard of Oz prequel, which Raimi picked up after he claimed he was doing the Warcraft movie. Then theyre working on the Evil Dead remake. Yknow, the one that was cancelled a few years back due to 'extremely negative fan response'.

Those guys dont really care anymore, and they are consistently inconsistent. Theyre just 'meh' to me now.

WVMojo
09-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Ive read his books, theyre pretty funny.

He is playing a role in Raimi's upcoming Wizard of Oz prequel, which Raimi picked up after he claimed he was doing the Warcraft movie. Then theyre working on the Evil Dead remake. Yknow, the one that was cancelled a few years back due to 'extremely negative fan response'.

Those guys dont really care anymore, and they are consistently inconsistent. Theyre just 'meh' to me now.

I'm still a Bruce Campbell fan but after the suck fest that was Spider-man 3, I could give a rats ass about Raimi...

the odinson
09-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm still a Bruce Campbell fan but after the suck fest that was Spider-man 3, I could give a rats ass about Raimi...

raimi completely and totally redeemed himself with 'drag me to hell'. i'll wait and see about this oz movie.

Jacklefttown
09-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Being a Bruce/Sam/Evil Dead fan all these years, the last I heard about this project was Bruce wanted to do an Expendables type flcik with B Movie stars... guys like Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator)and Tim Thomerson (Trancers) to round out the cast.

I have given up hope of ever seeing Bruce don the chainsaw again years ago, so I thought this idea sounded cool. It's as close as we will ever get to seeing him kick some deadite ass again!

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I read one of Bruces books...very funny stuff.

Yeah I guess paycheck has to come first to a small indy film he likely doesn't make money on...but maybe when his schedule frees up some.