PDA

View Full Version : We need an APC!!!

fireflyguy
08-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I was at Target this morning, looking (unsuccessfully) for new stuff, and ran across a huge Bravo Team tank. I don't collect tanks, but I thought I'd take a look at it because it was big and it was $30.

I looked on the back and they had a picture of the Light Attack Vehicle, or LAV25. I looked it up online and found a couple of reviews. Here is one:

General Dynamics Light Armored Vehicle LAV-25 | The Fighting 1:18! (http://www.fighting118th.com/2009/08/31/general-dynamics-light-armored-vehicle-lav-25/)

Apparently, it doesn't open in the back so you can only hold 2 figures. This is disappointing. We need an honest, realistic, current style personnel carrier. This would fit in great with any Joe line. I know bigger vehicles are sorta becoming a thing of the past with Hasbro, but maybe if the Skystriker continues to do well, we can get something like this one day.

Angry.Android
08-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Eh, an apc would be cool, but it needs to be fictional, current APC models wouldn't fare well when shrunk down to joe scale (which is often deformed and not scaled correctly to begin with) I think something along the lines of the RHINO, but retooled with a personnel cabin rather than that gimmicky mask-like helo contraption.

Python_Puckman
08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, the RHINO was an awesome personel carrier, but they didn't seem to sell well at their MSRP and I saw dozens of them in clearance.

Maybe Hasbro was testing the waters with the RHINO. If so, I wouldn't expect any more troop transports for a while based on the performance I saw.

But you never know...

fireflyguy
08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Eh, an apc would be cool, but it needs to be fictional, current APC models wouldn't fare well when shrunk down to joe scale (which is often deformed and not scaled correctly to begin with) I think something along the lines of the RHINO, but retooled with a personnel cabin rather than that gimmicky mask-like helo contraption.

I could go for that. I got the RHINO just because it has some troop transport capability. But yeah, if it didn't have that helicopter, it'd have a ton of room and make a nice transport.

Konigstiger
08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
They're still M113s in the arsenal. Of course, you won't find them in 1:18 for cheap anymore. When they do show up on the Bay they go for a nice chunk of change.

Besides, Unimax does an M3 Bradley IFV, which is a troop carrier.

fireflyguy
08-31-2011, 05:13 PM
They're still M113s in the arsenal. Of course, you won't find them in 1:18 for cheap anymore. When they do show up on the Bay they go for a nice chunk of change.

Besides, Unimax does an M3 Bradley IFV, which is a troop carrier.

Does it actually open so you can put troops in it?

Gideon75
08-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, and you will find it at Target with the M1 Abrams. I think it holds around 4 figures in the back and two up top.

luigi
08-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Does it actually open so you can put troops in it?

yes it does
here is a pic of the back with the door down too
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/236/4/3/gijoe_photos_by_luigiswayze-d47qtli.jpg
and here is one with the turrent hatches open with two guys in um
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/236/c/b/gijoe_photos_by_luigiswayze-d47qtfc.jpg

luigi
08-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes, and you will find it at Target with the M1 Abrams. I think it holds around 4 figures in the back and two up top.

yup
3-4 joes fit in them

nighthawk
08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
I was at Target this morning, looking (unsuccessfully) for new stuff, and ran across a huge Bravo Team tank. I don't collect tanks, but I thought I'd take a look at it because it was big and it was $30.

I looked on the back and they had a picture of the Light Attack Vehicle, or LAV25. I looked it up online and found a couple of reviews. Here is one:

General Dynamics Light Armored Vehicle LAV-25 | The Fighting 1:18! (http://www.fighting118th.com/2009/08/31/general-dynamics-light-armored-vehicle-lav-25/)

Apparently, it doesn't open in the back so you can only hold 2 figures. This is disappointing. We need an honest, realistic, current style personnel carrier. This would fit in great with any Joe line. I know bigger vehicles are sorta becoming a thing of the past with Hasbro, but maybe if the Skystriker continues to do well, we can get something like this one day.

I had a BBI (I think) LAV and the back opened up to fit figures.

Mel357
08-31-2011, 05:27 PM
The BBi LAV opens in the rear. But yes, we do need an APC. I would love to get the BOPE van but shipping from Brazil plus the price makes it untouchable for now. I hope they start selling them up here.

Unclassified
08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
i want the old one redone.. 25th pegs and a little detail, and i'm game and sinking some duckets on a few..

Van Hammer
08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I need to get the bravo team abrams tank,Bradley Tank, and that cool half-track.Anybody got picks of the abrams tank and the half track with G.I. Joe fig in the vehicles.

luigi
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
I need to get the bravo team abrams tank,Bradley Tank, and that cool half-track.Anybody got picks of the abrams tank and the half track with G.I. Joe fig in the vehicles.

i have never seen that half track in stores
and i'll go get some pics of my abrams tank with the bradly nearby

Angry.Android
08-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Eh, im not a big fan of the BBI IFV, the interior is cramped for alot of modern joes. And I would much rather have a futurized APC with room for 8-12 joes.

Van Hammer
08-31-2011, 07:23 PM

I've seen it on bbts.

Konigstiger
08-31-2011, 07:37 PM

The M16 MGMC hasn't been in stores for years. It's pretty much down to the Abrams and Bradley in the 2 paint schemes.

luigi
08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/243/e/d/bradly_apc_with_a_abrams_tank_by_luigiswayze-d48gpeo.jpg

Unclassified
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
nice grass

Van Hammer
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
nice grass

True dat.Also thanks for the pics!

luigi
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
nice grass

thx u
yeah i know they have desert camo not jungle or any kind of green but i don't have a sandy area near my house

Medikeighted
10-25-2011, 03:21 AM
i want the old one redone.. 25th pegs and a little detail, and i'm game and sinking some duckets on a few..

this is what I'd like to see. If they wanted to modernize it they could replace the fake canvas top with something to make it look more like a Stryker and add a 25mm turret, but I'd quite happily settled for just a retooled version of the old one with new pegs and front seats that will hold the new style figures.

Mapleleaf
10-25-2011, 03:27 AM
maybe here is where a version of the Coyote could fit in.