PDA

View Full Version : Serpentor vs Venoumous Maximus

Rohan757
08-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Who is a better Character?...

Who is the better villian?...

Who do you think is cooler?...

Who would win in a fight?...

Does anyone care for Maximus? or even Serpentor?

Does Snake-Eyes make a good Match up for them?

Rohan757
08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Please answer all question/ or just those you have more of an opinion on, rather than just one

Shipshape1983
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Serpentor was the better character.

Serpentor was the better villian

Serpentor is cooler

Serpentor would win in a fight.

I dont care about either all that much but If i had to....Serpentor. Since maximus was a whole pile of lame.

I'm tired of Snake Eyes.

ChaplainAsst
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I actually kind of liked VM - but I'm not sure more than Serpentor. VM was a mutation of Hawk, and had an interesting look. Serpentor was less monstrous and more genius. Particularly the IDW Serpie is pretty cool.

Turtle Master
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I have a weakness for VvV since I watched it trying to get my son into G.I. Joe and Venomous Maximus was fine for what he is, but Serpentor is a better character I think (though less plausible, if that's possible).

Loose Cannon
08-06-2011, 05:43 PM
They brothers in my Verse. Or rather VM was a failed Serpentor Clone they keep around and leads the other Venomized troops. Serpentor treats him like a brother along with Hannibal and Overlord and Mindbender they are the main leadership of the Coil.

But Serpy is better all around . Snake-Eyes has nothing to do with those guys.

Lody
08-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Venomous doesn't have the same background as Serpentor.

I can't judge him on that.

loiosh
08-06-2011, 05:49 PM
serpentor to all.

Rohan757
08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
The reason I compared them was because they are both Super Soldiers of Cobra set to be great Leaders...

and since both are Super Soldiers, i wanted to see how well anyone would think Snake-Eyes would do 1v1... regardless of any non issues between the 3. Eventhough Snake-Eyes fought Maximus in VvV.

A lot of people say they are tired of Snake-Eyes, too much of a good thing, blah blah blah...

You either love him or hate him and I dont hate him...

I dont think there such thing as too much of a good thing. I like Snake-Eyes for what he is and he is a beast, I don't want to see him get down played at all... If so many people hate him and love him, I think IDW should seriously think about giving him a spin-off

Rohan757
08-06-2011, 06:05 PM
And as for myself on the Subject.

In my opinion

Sepentor is the better character

Sepentor is the better villian

Venomous Maxius is Cooler (but not by much)

Can't Decided who'd win but probly Serpentor because his tactile genius...

And an awesome close quarters fight in either scenario

ShockVal
08-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Venomous Maximus for the win on all counts. I love this figure (both versions). The Chamber is killer too.

Shogi
08-06-2011, 06:59 PM
I think VM could have been a much better character than Serpentor, but the writing on the VvV movie just didn't lend itself to that.

Take the premise, Leader of GI Joe, Hawk is turned into an evil Cobra overlord. All the military strategy and genius of Hawk in a supremely superior (if mutated) body with a twist of evil . It could be great, he could be the one to bring Cobra triumph like never before and it would be all the more tragic for the Joes because the loses they would have would be at the hands of one of their own. I think if it was done in a comic book (with good writing) and had time to allow VM to stick around for six months to a year instead of being changed back in 60 minutes, more people would possibly feel differently about ole VM.

Shipshape1983
08-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I think VM could have been a much better character than Serpentor, but the writing on the VvV movie just didn't lend itself to that.

Take the premise, Leader of GI Joe, Hawk is turned into an evil Cobra overlord. All the military strategy and genius of Hawk in a supremely superior (if mutated) body with a twist of evil . It could be great, he could be the one to bring Cobra triumph like never before and it would be all the more tragic for the Joes because the loses they would have would be at the hands of one of their own. I think if it was done in a comic book (with good writing) and had time to allow VM to stick around for six months to a year instead of being changed back in 60 minutes, more people would possibly feel differently about ole VM.

That and maybe if he didnt talk like he really needed a lozenge.

I would take "THIS I COMMAND!!!!" over a leader who sounds like he swallowed a hundred frogs.

As far as Hawk's military genius....I dunno. I dont remember him really doing anything too awesome...

Lantern_Lad
08-07-2011, 12:49 AM
I cannot like VM simply because Hawk is my favorite Joe... therefore I reject VM outright.

CrimsonGuard101
08-07-2011, 12:55 AM
The only thing Venemous Maixmus was good for was his left arm which got turned into Golobulous's arm for my custom. Serpentor owns that billy bob thorton wannabe troll faced mutant...

JokerFC
08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I liked VM and his chamber is a great Dio piece for Mindbenders lab but I dont like him more than Serps......

SonOfMindbender
08-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Serpentor was the better character.

Serpentor was the better villian

Serpentor is cooler

Serpentor would win in a fight.

I dont care about either all that much but If i had to....Serpentor. Since maximus was a whole pile of lame.

I'm tired of Snake Eyes.

I couldn't have put it better!! Plus I'm lazy.

Starfighter
08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Marvel, Devil's Due & IDW all have Snake Eyes spin-offs with Snake Eyes actually having the his name in the title instead of G.I. Joe.

Currently, Snake Eyes has his own title in IDW and issue # 4 is out this month. Check them out.

BTW, I despise ninja Snake Eyes and love the more realistic commando version. Yes, he still knows Ninjitsu, but he is not over powerful, is not always right and is not a crutch for a story devise to get the writers out of jam.