PDA

View Full Version : August 2011 Issue of the GIJCC Magazine preview

SilverOptimus
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
News Post: G. I. Joe Collectors’ Club Magazine August 2011 Preview (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/conventions-9/g-i-joe-collectors-club-magazine-august-2011-preview-10590/)

Sgt. Airborne
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Over / Under on how long it takes for this thread to become a HTS slam-fest?

Scoop
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
That's the last damn thing I wanna see right now after all we've been through today.

It took me 3 hours to check out and all I ended up with was the Indiana Jones set and the Mighty Muggs set for fellow member RedEyes.

I had everything in my cart from the get go. I even tried to buy the Starscream Skystriker separately when it was the first thing posted before the Zaranas, but I couldn't get the sale to go through. Seconds later the Zaranas and the others popped up so I added them all to my cart, but I couldn't get through the checkout process.

I've now been up for 32 hours straight!

I'm very distraught over this whole process, but I guess I just have to deal with it.

CobraBlue
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Forget that......I JOINED THE GI JOE CC so I could get the exclusives. And then they don't offer them this year? Totally bogus, and its spitting into people's faces for even publishing that as the cover story when they club didn't even offer them or even go as far as explaining why they weren't going to offer it to members. Hells Bells.....

Scoop
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Over / Under on how long it takes for this thread to become a HTS slam-fest?

I already started.

See above...

Ixz72
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
That's the last damn thing I wanna see right now after all we've been through today.

It took me 3 hours to check out and all I ended up with was the Indiana Jones set and the Mighty Muggs set for fellow member RedEyes.

I had everything in my cart from the get go. I even tried to buy the Starscream Skystriker separately when it was the first thing posted before the Zaranas, but I couldn't get the sale to go through. Seconds later the Zaranas and the others popped up so I added them all to my cart, but I couldn't get through the checkout process.

I'm very distraught over this whole process, but I guess I just have to deal with it.

I agree... not the best time to front page this crap.

B and H Comics
07-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Who cares about the worthless zarana figure it is a girl

do they have their stupid sub prices in it !!!

bluesparrow
07-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah this cover reveal is poorly timed at best!

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Forget that......I JOINED THE GI JOE CC so I could get the exclusives. And then they don't offer them this year? .....

The Club doesn't promise any convention exclusives besides their own. I'm as mad as you are, but don't get unreasonably emotional because you thought they offered something they dont.

Tom

CobraBlue
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm not unreasonably emotional, its just implied that they help out their members to get exclusives. Beyond getting lame offers for exclusives (Dial-Tone? I did it to complete the ME figs) and a really crappy magazine every month that I could make myself using Adobe InDesign, calling old Hasbro Employees, and venturing through YoJoe.com, what's the true benefit of being a member?

monstermonkey
07-26-2011, 03:43 PM
I just wish the CC "magazine" was a little larger. What it is, like 16 pages? I like the Adventure Team and Regular Joes comic strips, and the dossier/file cards are cool, too. I'd like to see more articles, though. I can also do without the comic and cartoon reviews.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not unreasonably emotional, its just implied that they help out their members to get exclusives. Beyond getting lame offers for exclusives (Dial-Tone? I did it to complete the ME figs) and a really crappy magazine every month that I could make myself using Adobe InDesign, calling old Hasbro Employees, and venturing through YoJoe.com, what's the true benefit of being a member?

While I've never ever seen that written or even mentioned verbally by a member of the Club, I could see how it being 'implied that they help out their members to get exclusives' as being a possibility since they DID offer Sgt. Slaughter in the past. However, they never guaranteed it as a feature of membership. If you joined up for that reason, you made a mistake.

Be upset! I am. But be upset with Hasbro, HTS.com, and even your fellow fans for crushing the servers so badly next to no one made it out with what they went in for. But the Club isn't the bad guy in this.

Tom

DPrime
07-26-2011, 04:04 PM

Well, you DID complete your ME figs...

TheDarkTabby
07-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Who cares about the worthless zarana figure it is a girl

do they have their stupid sub prices in it !!!

Good point. I am sure it will say something like we are still waiting on China or we hope to have more info. next month. I was so excited about the sub but am quickly losing interest and faith. Add to this the anger from HTS over the Zaranas on the cover, and this issue will be a real slap in the face to fans.

Sgt. Airborne
07-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I just wish the CC "magazine" was a little larger. What it is, like 16 pages? I like the Adventure Team and Regular Joes comic strips, and the dossier/file cards are cool, too. I'd like to see more articles, though. I can also do without the comic and cartoon reviews.

I agree. I would like it to be a little larger..say ... 20 pages with a little more devotion to some of the ARAH stuff. I like how it covers all versions of the Joe-line but just feel that ARAH gets the short end of the stick.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
This thread is a bigger mess in 2 pages than all the HTS threads combined.

Gilgamesh51
07-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Agreed. Fuck front page news about deleting items from my shopping cart.

Deftones1982
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I hope that there will be news regarding the subscription.

Syn3sthesia
07-26-2011, 04:59 PM
This thread is like a kick in the nuts.

Weezus
07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
all these manchild tears and me without my bubble bath soap!

Vaginal Transcendence

i am disappointed too, i really wanted a cool black zarana :/

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 05:23 PM
You guys can't be serious.

They're a GI JOE magazine reporting on the GI JOE aspects of SDCC. How is it a slap in the face?

Sgt. Airborne
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

They're a GI JOE magazine reporting on the GI JOE aspects of SDCC. How is it a slap in the face?

Come on GV, it's because they knew when they were going to print that 'tankers would get frozen out from getting them when they went for sale on HTS. :)

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM

You don't know ANYTHING, do you? The fact that they SHOWED A PICTURE of figures that PEOPLE WANTED is a HUGE slap in the face to the collector! It's also spitting in our eyes, peeing in our mouths, drawing dicks on our cheeks while we sleep and all that other stuff no one likes.

Some people paid like FIFTY DOLLARS for a Club membership. We should practically be GIVEN the SDCC for FREE at that rate, even though that's not what they do.

What you don't UNDERSTAND, "GYRE" (If that IS your real name) is that there was NO chance to get this stuff! People going to the convention didn't offer to pick them up for people via eBay prior to going. They didn't even SELL THEM at SDCC. Then, they didn't even SELL THEM on HTS. They'll NEVER be on eBay, even if people WAIT like three or four months.

I'm still mad about that time the Club showed a picture of the Shock Viper when I couldn't find one. But I did, so that's sort of an old point.

Tom

cmderinchief
07-26-2011, 05:36 PM
You don't know ANYTHING, do you? The fact that they SHOWED A PICTURE of figures that PEOPLE WANTED is a HUGE slap in the face to the collector! It's also spitting in our eyes, peeing in our mouths, drawing dicks on our cheeks while we sleep and all that other stuff no one likes.

Some people paid like FIFTY DOLLARS for a Club membership. We should practically be GIVEN the SDCC for FREE at that rate, even though that's not what they do.

What you don't UNDERSTAND, "GYRE" (If that IS your real name) is that there was NO chance to get this stuff! People going to the convention didn't offer to pick them up for people via eBay prior to going. They didn't even SELL THEM at SDCC. Then, they didn't even SELL THEM on HTS. They'll NEVER be on eBay, even if people WAIT like three or four months.

I'm still mad about that time the Club showed a picture of the Shock Viper when I couldn't find one. But I did, so that's sort of an old point.

Tom

There's the Tom full of piss and vinegar that I know from my TNI days. lol

How is that Shock Viper by the way?

Starfighter
07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
It had better have more Subscription info as promised by the Club. That is all I am saying.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
There's the Tom full of piss and vinegar that I know from my TNI days. lol

How is that Shock Viper by the way?

I ALSO GO TO MCDONALDS AND ORDER MCRIBS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY SOLD THEM ONCE THEN TELL THE MANAGER IT'S AN OUTRAGE THEY DONT SELL THEM TO ME!

Tom

cmderinchief
07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I ALSO GO TO MCDONALDS AND ORDER MCRIBS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY SOLD THEM ONCE THEN TELL THE MANAGER IT'S AN OUTRAGE THEY DONT SELL THEM TO ME!

Tom

LMAO!!! Tom-1 wins!

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 05:43 PM

Tom

What YOU don't understand, TOM-1 (if you really ARE the first of the Tom's)... is that the GI JOE Club is required (per membership description) to hold our hands (and provide candle vigils and support groups upon request) through any and all f5-related Eschaton(s).

cmderinchief
07-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Its really Tom DASH One, Gary...don't forget the DASH!

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
What YOU don't understand, TOM-1 (if you really ARE the first of the Tom's)... is that the GI JOE Club is required (per membership description) to hold our hands (and provide candle vigils and support groups upon request) through any and all f5-related Eschaton(s).

What the 'Club' NEEDS to do is stop it with all those damn articles about the history of GI Joe and a bunch of stuff a bunch of nerds and toy history professors are interested in. That's elitist AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!! I mean, that's just common sense and everyone knows it. All you guys who act like GI Joe is so important and should be valued beyond the purchasing phase, I don't even get why you like GI Joe. I bet you even have one of those books with pictures of the toys in it, like an idiot. You know what book I have? The only book I need. The LORD'S BOOK. You could use it in your life, GYRE!! YOU COULD USE IT!!! M HMMM!!

Tom

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 05:50 PM
You stay out of this, Godsoe! I dont want your innocent ears to hear the enabling, elitist GARBAGE someone like Gyre is about to SPRAY ALL OVER OUR DUNGAREES.

But you know what?

I GOT A SLICKER ON.

ANDTHAT SLICKER

IS

THE

TRUTH.

Tom

cmderinchief
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
The only book I need. The LORD'S BOOK.

Tom

Tom, that is now twice today you have name dropped. First DePriest and now The Lord. Who do you think you are? :-P

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Tom, that is now twice today you have name dropped. First DePriest and now The Lord. Who do you think you are? :-P

Derryl DePriest AND OUR WHITE CHRISTIAN LORD both wanted us to have the Zaranas and the Starscreams today, but people like the CLUB and their YES MEN Gyre Vipers are going to try to tell us that's not the case. Well you know what? The only case I want to hear about is THE COLLECTOR VS. HTS and you know what?? YOU KNOW WHAT??? I'm about READY TO RULE IN OUR FAVOR.

Tom

Gilgamesh51
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM

Tom

Heeheehee! I enjoyed this one!

Xenos
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Tom-1 wins the day.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
What the 'Club' NEEDS to do is stop it with all those damn articles about the history of GI Joe and a bunch of stuff a bunch of nerds and toy history professors are interested in. That's elitist AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!! I mean, that's just common sense and everyone knows it. All you guys who act like GI Joe is so important and should be valued beyond the purchasing phase, I don't even get why you like GI Joe. I bet you even have one of those books with pictures of the toys in it, like an idiot. You know what book I have? The only book I need. The LORD'S BOOK. You could use it in your life, GYRE!! YOU COULD USE IT!!! M HMMM!!

Tom

Quiet. I'm dusting my latest package from China for skin particles. I need to know everything!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Starfighter
07-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Forget that......I JOINED THE GI JOE CC so I could get the exclusives. And then they don't offer them this year? Totally bogus, and its spitting into people's faces for even publishing that as the cover story when they club didn't even offer them or even go as far as explaining why they weren't going to offer it to members. Hells Bells.....

The Club did offer an explanation. They stated that HTS would not sell them their allotment this year like they did last year. If anything, you should be mad at Hasbro and HTS for not supporting the Official G.I. Joe Collector's Club more. It seems strange that BBTS had their allotment of preorders this year but the Club did not. I suspect that BBTS offered more money in their bid to get the allottment. At least the Club let everyone know by emailing them and posting online that they would not get them this year. Many could have waited thinking that they would and missed out all together. I am just saying. I understand that you are frustrated, but make sure to point that frustration to whom it should be at. Not the Club.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Quiet. I'm dusting my latest package from China for skin particles. I need to know everything!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!

GO AHEAD, EGGHEAD. Try to learn all your little secrets, with your interviews, and your giant 1-up figures and an orange version of something EVERYONE HAS ALREADY. YOU'RE A BIG SHOT. EVERYONE LOOK AT THE BIG SHOT WALKING THROUGH TOWN. Get your hands off your holsters, men, DEADEYE MCJOEFACT IS HERE TO BRING JUSTICE TO THE TOWN.

Posts that pursue avenues of religious debate/discussion will be removed.

Tom

TheDarkTabby

What I was getting at was two things. First, the GIJCC newsletter would likely be delaying news about the sub once again, and it is info. many people want to see. The second part of that comment was to say that a lot of people were angry about HTS and seeing the Zarana would be annoying to put it nicely. I fall into the first category as I am really sick of the sub info being delayed each month.

Gyre-Viper
Derryl DePriest AND OUR WHITE CHRISTIAN LORD both wanted us to have the Zaranas and the Starscreams today, but people like the CLUB and their YES MEN Gyre Vipers are going to try to tell us that's not the case. Well you know what? The only case I want to hear about is THE COLLECTOR VS. HTS and you know what?? YOU KNOW WHAT??? I'm about READY TO RULE IN OUR FAVOR.

Tom

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_3qRsKeRL65c/SvTFQzlJPEI/AAAAAAAAAFY/SZ30iawYEsE/vlcsnap-2009-11-06-10h25m16s25.jpg

Black Rose
07-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Tom

lol!!! I love it! Really made my day after all this shit.

Sgt. Airborne
07-26-2011, 06:05 PM
GO AHEAD, EGGHEAD. Try to learn all your little secrets, with your interviews, and your giant 1-up figures and an orange version of something EVERYONE HAS ALREADY. YOU'RE A BIG SHOT. EVERYONE LOOK AT THE BIG SHOT WALKING THROUGH TOWN. Get your hands off your holsters, men, DEADEYE MCJOEFACT IS HERE TO BRING JUSTICE TO THE TOWN.

I think I snorted aloud as I read this.

Black Rose
07-26-2011, 06:08 PM

That's fine, though. You go on giving the LITTLE GUY the business, "Gyre". Every red-blooded American Joe fan flag waving is aware of what kind of guy you are.

Tom

I'm laughing my ass off, Great stuff!

DESTRO
07-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Time to relax.

Jettfire
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Tom

Tom,

Since I made basically the same McRib joke nearly a half hour before you, I'm gonna have to assume everything you say is copied from somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure I read this "Derryl DePriest AND OUR WHITE CHRISTIAN LORD both wanted us to have the Zaranas and the Starscreams today, but people like the CLUB and their YES MEN Gyre Vipers are going to try to tell us that's not the case." in Highlights last month.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM

That's fine, though. You go on giving the LITTLE GUY the business, "Gyre". Every red-blooded American Joe fan flag waving is aware of what kind of guy you are

Tom

It's only orange because of cheeto dust.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o3XGUJGBuYs/SnIeSPJlECI/AAAAAAAABdE/OPIQrtStNmY/s320/cheetos-girl1.jpg

What I was getting at was two things. First, the GIJCC newsletter would likely be delaying news about the sub once again, and it is info. many people want to see. The second part of that comment was to say that a lot of people were angry about HTS and seeing the Zarana would be annoying to put it nicely. I fall into the first category as I am really sick of the sub info being delayed each month.

Many people want to see... but if itz not done right... they won't get any honest and deserved feedback. They'll get feedback on incomplete bits.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Tom-1 wins hisstank for the day.

Jettfire
07-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Tom-1 wins hisstank for the day.

I've seen prizes go unclaimed before.

B and H Comics
I am strangely turned on by that pic. Those are some sexy Cheetos.

Starfighter

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Tom,

Since I made basically the same McRib joke nearly a half hour before you, I'm gonna have to assume everything you say is copied from somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure I read this "Derryl DePriest AND OUR WHITE CHRISTIAN LORD both wanted us to have the Zaranas and the Starscreams today, but people like the CLUB and their YES MEN Gyre Vipers are going to try to tell us that's not the case." in Highlights last month.

I have not now nor will I ever plagirize material from Goofus and Galant, or that 'what's different between these two pictures' because UNLIKE YOU I have something called INTEGRITY. You should look it up sometime in a Dictionary!!!

By the way - for the record? Jetfire is a Transformers. What are you even doing here? Do you know one thing about anything? You must have been educated wrong because this site is for GI JOES. LET'S HEAR IT, BOYS!

Gilgamesh51
07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Tom Dash One owns Hisstank now. All hail Tom Dash Tank!

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
I've seen prizes go unclaimed before.

I claimm ALL the prizes because I PLAYS TO WIN.

Tom

TheDarkTabby
07-26-2011, 06:15 PM
It's only orange because of cheeto dust.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o3XGUJGBuYs/SnIeSPJlECI/AAAAAAAABdE/OPIQrtStNmY/s320/cheetos-girl1.jpg

Many people want to see... but if itz not done right... they won't get any honest and deserved feedback. They'll get feedback on incomplete bits.

Ok, so don't post any pics, but how about a list of characters? That would be enough to hold most fans over until pics are ready. The club was reported as telling attendees of SDCC that the first 13 figures are set in terms of character choice. I do agree it is not good to rush pics as this could end up backfiring on the club if unforseen changes pop up during development of the figs.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:15 PM
I have not now nor will I ever plagirize material from Goofus and Galant, or that 'what's different between these two pictures' because UNLIKE YOU I have something called INTEGRITY. You should look it up sometime in a Dictionary!!!

By the way - for the record? Jetfire is a Transformers. What are you even doing here? Do you know one thing about anything? You must have been educated wrong because this site is for GI JOES. LET'S HEAR IT, BOYS!

You'll have to excuse Jettfire. He actually draws all the covers for Highlights.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
You'll have to excuse Jettfire. He actually draws all the covers for Highlights.

My favorite one was the one with the lions. But that might've been a Zoobooks. : (

Tom

Jettfire
07-26-2011, 06:17 PM

http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/102201/goofus.jpg

Starfighter
07-26-2011, 06:17 PM

I agree, if they have the character list, then release it. Or at least some of it. Release just a few names each month until sign up. Decide on the finalized sculpt designs later as you know the lineup. Each time that they give us info would be more separate points of media pup and hype that the Club would get on just the subscription alone. It would only be good for them.

SNAKE EYES
07-26-2011, 06:18 PM

They sent an email saying they wouldn't have them. I think Hasbro wanted to keep the stock for HTS and not give extras to the club like last year.

Jettfire
07-26-2011, 06:18 PM

Gyre's an elitist snob. He only reads Boys' Life.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
The Club does tend to play everything close to the vest... but at the same time look what happens when Hasbro says "we have plans for SAW Viper" and then something goes wrong and then we don't get SAW Viper. At least with the sub stuff... once it is announced... it'll be less likely that anything changes or gets canceled.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
My favorite one was the one with the lions. But that might've been a Zoobooks. : (

Tom

You're thinking of GeneralsJoes.com

Gyre's an elitist snob. He only reads Boys' Life.

You're thinking of Vanity Fair.

Xenos
07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree, if they have the character list, then release it. Or at least some of it. Release just a few names each month until sign up. Decide on the finalized sculpt designs later as you know the lineup. Each time that they give us info would be more separate points of media pup and hype that the Club would get on just the subscription alone. It would only be good for them.

The problem with that is if they announce a highly demanded figure, let's say Pythona, but then it turns out they can't cost it out and she gets cut from the lineup in favor of something like Night Force Crazy Legs then there will be all kinds of wailing and gnashing of teeth. It's really better to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before making announcements. Of course, they have already kind of shot themselves in the foot by announcing it four to six months before they were really ready.

Starfighter
07-26-2011, 06:27 PM
The problem with that is if they announce a highly demanded figure, let's say Pythona, but then it turns out they can't cost it out and she gets cut from the lineup in favor of something like Night Force Crazy Legs then there will be all kinds of wailing and gnashing of teeth. It's really better to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before making announcements. Of course, they have already kind of shot themselves in the foot by announcing it four to six months before they were really ready.

They have already stated that they have the full roster for the first year done. They are just waiting on paint samples and parts use to be approved. Logically, they had the roster before they had announced the sub, but as usual, they tend to wait and play tricks with clues until the reveal. If that is the case as usual, please give us clues, at least.

Roshan
07-26-2011, 06:28 PM

The problem with that problem you mentioned is that they wouldn't announce a Pythona coming until they actually knew they could afford to make it. David Lane has been wanting to make that figure for years. He's not going to screw up a reveal of that figure prematurely in any way

Weezus
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
what? a peaceful and intelligent discussion is going on?

im outtie.

Xenos
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
They have already stated that they have the full roster for the first year done. They are just waiting on paint samples and parts use to be approved. Logically, they had the roster before they had announced the sub, but as usual, they tend to wait and play tricks with clues until the reveal. If that is the case as usual, please give us clues, at least.
But what if they wanted to use the Baroness body for Pythona, but Hasbro came back to them and said they could only use male bodies. The approval process could possibly throw a wrench into their plans, even if they know what they want the roster to be.

The problem with that problem you mentioned is that they wouldn't announce a Pythona coming until they actually knew they could afford to make it. David Lane has been wanting to make that figure for years. He's not going to screw up a reveal of that figure prematurely in any way
That's kind of my whole point...I was saying that the Collector's Club shouldn't announce anything until they know they can actually make it.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
You're thinking of GeneralsJoes.com.

DONT try to drag that REPUTABLE SITE down as you get overwhelmed by the TRUTHS I'm laying down, Gyre. What's wrong? Is it getting a little hot in here? am I turning up the HEAT on you? You're just MADbecause I'm STYLIN ON YA.

Maybe now you know how the JOE fans feel? I work three jobs and I can't get me, my daughters, my wife, my sons, their sons and me an extra Dialtone? Who made THOSE RULES? WHO said that was WHAT THE FANS WANTED?? I'll tell you who! Those FATCATS in TEXAS and RHODE ISLAND and their BOOTLICKS like the Gyre "Viper".

They can put up ALL the tantelizing CUSTOMS like the Zaranas they want, but WE know the truth about all that. They want to tease us because they all have the SDCC figures? I don't give a turkey because their GOOSE IS COOKED. I refuse to give them my fifty dollars! They'll never be able to recover! Because I know the Joe fan has STANDARDS and if a movement in his benefit starts, HE WILL GET BEHIND IT and STICK TO IT LIKE THE DICKINS. I'm already swinging this BIG ASS CHAIN I FOUND, so I obviously mean BUSINESS.

Tom

draconianguard
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
The first thing I assumed was the G.I. JOE Club had these in stock from the title and pics. After getting my hopes up, I read more and states it will be on the cover of the next issue. Big deal. I'll be using it as toilet paper.

Gyre-Viper
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
DONT try to drag that REPUTABLE SITE down as you get overwhelmed by the TRUTHS I'm laying down, Gyre. What's wrong? Is it getting a little hot in here? am I turning up the HEAT on you? You're just MADbecause I'm STYLIN ON YA.

Maybe now you know how the JOE fans feel? I work three jobs and I can't get me, my daughters, my wife, my sons, their sons and me an extra Dialtone? Who made THOSE RULES? WHO said that was WHAT THE FANS WANTED?? I'll tell you who! Those FATCATS in TEXAS and RHODE ISLAND and their BOOTLICKS like the Gyre "Viper".

They can put up ALL the tantelizing CUSTOMS like the Zaranas they want, but WE know the truth about all that. They want to tease us because they all have the SDCC figures? I don't give a turkey because their GOOSE IS COOKED. I refuse to give them my fifty dollars! They'll never be able to recover! Because I know the Joe fan has STANDARDS and if a movement in his benefit starts, HE WILL GET BEHIND IT and STICK TO IT LIKE THE DICKINS. I'm already swinging this BIG ASS CHAIN I FOUND, so I obviously mean BUSINESS.

Tom

I love you.

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:41 PM
The first thing I assumed was the G.I. JOE Club had these in stock from the title and pics. After getting my hopes up, I read more and states it will be on the cover of the next issue. Big deal. I'll be using it as toilet paper.

The Club magazine is really good. I look forward to it. They've had some strong articles lately, like the one about the Hammerhead. Keep in mind, like most fan-focused periodicals, it might not have everything for everyone, but it tries. : )

Tom

draconianguard
07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
The Club magazine is really good. I look forward to it. They've had some strong articles lately, like the one about the Hammerhead. Keep in mind, like most fan-focused periodicals, it might not have everything for everyone, but it tries. : )

Tom

I take it you already have both Zaranna's and Starscream. I don't. After waiting for over an hour to purchase these on HTs with no luck, the last thing I care about is a feature of these two figures. The magazine is good in your opinion. It takes 15 minutes to read. The comics and 12" receding hair line Joe strip doesn't interest me. There are good articles from time to time. I'd rather the club charge $10 a year and stop shipping the mini magazine. They could just have it online for members who log in and save everyone money. Print is a thing of the past.

Xenos
07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
The Hammerhead article was the best one I've ever read in the Club Magazine. The main issue with the mag is that they try to put a lot of news in it, but there is just no way for a magazine to compete with the internet when it comes to news, so I wish they would focus more on interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

Steevy Maximus
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I love you.

Get a room you two!

CTGLinks
07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I'd rather the club charge $10 a year and stop shipping the mini magazine. They could just have it online for members who log in and save everyone money. Print is a thing of the past.

I'm down with this^^^^^^^^^^

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I take it you already have both Zaranna's and Starscream. I don't. After waiting for over an hour to purchase these on HTs with no luck, the last thing I care about is a feature of these two figures. The magazine is good in your opinion. It takes 15 minutes to read. The comics and 12" receding hair line Joe strip doesn't interest me. There are good articles from time to time. I'd rather the club charge $10 a year and stop shipping the mini magazine. They could just have it online for members who log in and save everyone money. Print is a thing of the past.

No, no, I really don't! I wish! I am part of the unfortunate 'stuck in checkout' crowd. <: -/

But think of it like this... it might not be AS CHEAP as HTS, but in three, six, or even nine months, eBay won't be able to demand the high prices they're asking for now. You'll get your chance! Just stick to it. : )

And let's be fair - action figures are a thing of the past. ; D Nowadays it's all about the video games, and the ipods and the interactive stuff. So, while the magazine might not be up your alley, I think it being 'old fashioned' might not be the finest point available. But I understand your perspective, I was just trying to suggest that maybe there was more to the book than you had considered.

Tom

Tom-1
07-26-2011, 06:59 PM
The Hammerhead article was the best one I've ever read in the Club Magazine. The main issue with the mag is that they try to put a lot of news in it, but there is just no way for a magazine to compete with the internet when it comes to news, so I wish they would focus more on interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

I strongly agree! It's the same reason Toyfare and those other books went the way they did - they just can't make due with instant news via the internet. I would love it if more articles like the Hammerhead one were featured - even if they were recycled from much older issues I (and others, of course) might not have seen.

Tom

CobraBlue
07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Bah, I got my issue in the mail today. NO wonder the Gi Joe CC didn't sell any San Diego ComicCon exclusives as a pre-order to members. What comes with my Gi Joe CC issue.....a flyer for BBTS who sells the Gi Joe San Diego ComicCon exclusives, sigh.

CrimsonGuardVet76
07-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Wait, it's a magazine? I thought it was junk mail!

chuckles32
07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Face it, I think everything dealing with toys is old school. Kids don't really care UNLESS they have a parent that is or was into those kind of toys when they were a kid, and share the love. Otherwise, parents want toys that really draw and stupify the kids (i.e. slackjawed in front of a TV with a DVD going) or something. Imagination is hard for this generation after all....LOL. Seriously, I do wish the collector club would do something different or cheaper, but eh, it is what it is. Either you deal with it, or you don't if you want to be a member. They're not forcing you to be a member. It's a choice if you want to buy the stuff they sell.

pud333
07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd rather the club charge $10 a year and stop shipping the mini magazine. They could just have it online for members who log in and save everyone money. Print is a thing of the past.

I agree. The magazine is sort of blah. I don't think I even read the last one... No point in p rint media these days; at least not for something like this. Save paper, charge less.

Xenos
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Bah, I got my issue in the mail today. NO wonder the Gi Joe CC didn't sell any San Diego ComicCon exclusives as a pre-order to members. What comes with my Gi Joe CC issue.....a flyer for BBTS who sells the Gi Joe San Diego ComicCon exclusives, sigh.

Did they say anything about the subscription figures?

Nirvana
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I would still like an archive of the newer issue style like they did the older ones. My subscription started with Part two of the Adventure Team comics and profiles, I must read part one! :(

polyphenus
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM

You can't tease like that and not drop solid details about what you read. Lots of us are waiting with baited breath on any new nuggets about the subscription. Do tell!