PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Wal-Mart Early Christmas Displays Hit East Coast

DESTRO
09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Select Wal-Mart brick and mortar stores will have new end-cap and stand alone displays featuring new G.I. Joe and Transformers merchandise. These displays should have the newest waves and product types available to them, regardless if their older stock has sold out.

Each SKU/size/class/case assortment will only have two cases available. Of note for G.I. Joe fans, the 25th Anniversary box sets should be included.

Wal-Mart apparently is doing this in order to gauge interest for the Christmas season on these and other lines, and is internally calling this "Early Christmas Displays".

To view the new Images and Discuss this topic click the Title Bar.

DESTRO
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
These were taken in a South Jersey Wal-Mart on RT 168

xhairs
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
very cool now ill have to keep my eyes open for them.

Lt. Faceless
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Thats to cool.It feels like the 80's again.I never dreamt of my joes having a 25th anni.Seeing stuff like that takes me back to a better time...i love it.

Shogi
09-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Huh....I talked with a Hasbro Rep last week at my Wally world and he said something about the store having GI Joe art/display that he didn't know when they would set up (If ever) but I assumed he was talking about art for the 12" figures since he had been talking about that just a moment ago....looks like I need to keep an eye on my Wal-Mart

Shin Densetsu
09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow, bout time we got them! Man us east coasters get everything late. I hope to see these soon, with product.

Deathx360
09-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow, bout time we got them! Man us east coasters get everything late. I hope to see these soon, with product.

No kidding. Now since I'm in the southern part of Georgia maybe I will see them mid-October if ever. By that time wave 2 will be available, and with my luck I will see them after my BBTS order ships.

DESTRO
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Just FYI the display had about 25 5-packs stacked on one side with Spider-Man and Transformers in the others. Single cards were there but only a hand full.

Recondo
09-16-2007, 09:57 PM
any wave two or just wave 1 destro? im in jersey too btw

Deathx360
09-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Just FYI the display had about 25 5-packs stacked on one side with Spider-Man and Transformers in the others. Single cards were there but only a hand full.

Great, the only 25th Anniversary items I can find at almost every store that carries them will now have more. I'm starting to think that the 5-packs are going to be shelf warmers at some point. You would think that since the singles are selling better that they would be given more space. Then again this was probably designed before they knew how well they would sell or probably because there aren't many single packs out right now.

Jbluez
09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Select Wal-Mart brick and mortar stores will have new end-cap and stand alone displays featuring new G.I. Joe and Transformers merchandise. These displays should have the newest waves and product types available to them, regardless if their older stock has sold out.

Each SKU/size/class/case assortment will only have two cases available. Of note for G.I. Joe fans, the 25th Anniversary box sets should be included.

Wal-Mart apparently is doing this in order to gauge interest for the Christmas season on these and other lines, and is internally calling this "Early Christmas Displays".

To view the new Images and Discuss this topic click the Title Bar.

Dude...I'm sorry, but..."Boys action is here"???
I'd reword that.
and Hope Michael Jackson stays away.

Deathx360
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Dude...I'm sorry, but..."Boys action is here"???
I'd reword that.
and Hope Michael Jackson stays away.

When I saw that I was thinking the same thing. I would not have used that on a display. You would think Hasbro would have thought that out a little better.

The Superfly
09-17-2007, 12:57 AM
haha yeah that sounds a little, uh...unintended.

Monkeywrench
09-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I bet my Wal-Marts won't get the end caps

bspec
09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
been to a couple of walmarts here in socal and didn't see no stinkin endcaps or stand-alones stuff....

Razerwire
09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
For some reason my local Wal*Mart doesn't carry Joes at all. It's the only Wal*Mart I've been to where they didn't. :(

Deathx360
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
For some reason my local Wal*Mart doesn't carry Joes at all. It's the only Wal*Mart I've been to where they didn't. :(

I know how you feel. My local Wal-Mart doesn't have them either. The next closest one 16 miles away has a spot for singles only and the next, 30 miles, has both. That's why I order from BBTS. I will probably wait for the next 5-pack to show up in stores since I can find them easy but I have only seen the Cobra Officer once so I will order wave 2 of the singles online.

Autobot_Goldbug
09-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Well I will have 5 Wal-Marts near me. 2 regular & 3 super sized
One is opening tomorrow. *crosses fingers to get singles*
Yep the new Super Wal-Mart which opened last month doesn't carry any Joe product at all. They do have one of those end displays but that is filled with Transformer stuff. They also have space for TF stuff in the aisle but there is NOTHING there! :rolleyes:
Maybe they will eventually get Joe stuff closer to Xmas time.
My old Super Wal-Mart had 1 case of singles which sold out instantly.
I went to a regular Wal-Mart to get the last single Cobra Commander. I still need Snake Eyes v2 & the Cobra Officer. I don't care for Flint or Stormshadow v2.

Razerwire
09-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I've actually wondered why some Wal*Marts carry Joes and some don't. Is that up to the toy manager's discretion or something?

Steel Brigade
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes, I have been told by employees that the Toy Managers at Wal-mart decide if they will carry what is offered, & can get rid of it just the same if it doesn't sell... even if other Wal-mart's still carry it for years to come. Looking forward to seeing the NEW displays & hopefully Wave 2!

Razerwire
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Damn. That means I have to drive about 20 minutes to the Wal*Mart that carries Joes instead of my local Wal*Mart.:mad:

Deathx360
09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes, I have been told by employees that the Toy Managers at Wal-mart decide if they will carry what is offered, & can get rid of it just the same if it doesn't sell... even if other Wal-mart's still carry it for years to come. Looking forward to seeing the NEW displays & hopefully Wave 2!

So basically we should bribe the Manager.

Neurosis138
09-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I can confirm that this same display is in only one of the five Walmarts local to me(Sacramento, CA). It had no Joe product stocked on it, just some spiderman overstock.

Autobot_Goldbug
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Well I've went to the brand new Super Wal-Mart. I will call it Bizarro Wal-Mart because the layout is reversed from the other 2 Super Wal-Marts.
The good news is they do have G.I. Joes!
The bad news is the parking lot was PACKED! Only one left was Stormshadow v2 in a damaged card. I thought of maybe getting him for trade fodder but the folded card pretty much did away with that idea.