PDA

View Full Version : Found an awesome comic book shop today.

PitViper
06-26-2011, 01:12 AM
So a few months back I went and saw my friend's band and I was introduced to the bass player who I found out is a major MOTUC collector. We got to talking and he told me I could just get anything I missed at this place called Zap Comics.

I didn't really pay it much attention as I haven't been reading regularly and didn't wanna go there just for toys...but with Croc Master on the cover of this weeks IDW, I drove the 15 minutes and got there.

I pretty much lost my breathe when I walked. PRISTINE clean, everything in perfect order (unlike the other shop I went to for the hell of it recently.) Picked up my comics and headed to the back of the store.

Boxes of loose figures, wall to wall Marvel, SW, Joes, and everything else you could imagine....then.....I saw it. A wall full of carded ARAH Joes. Everyone from Roadblock to Monkeywrench, carded and in great shape. Under them? All kinds of neon Joes and VvV, carded and under the 20.00 mark...came pretty close to buying a carded Eco Warriors Flint just for the hell of it.

Anyway it's called Zap Comics and I havent been to a place that really catered to the toy collectors with such great stock and prices in a looooong time.

Oh, every POC figure I bitched about not finding in Target or TRU was on their pegs for $8.99......not friggin bad.

I walked out with Cobra Civil War 1&2, a few random Capt A comics and a MOC IG-88 from the vintage ESB cards 5-6 yrs ago. That was $8.00.

I was pretty amped up that I found a place like that, that close to home, just thought I'd share........being that I'm wide awake and bored as hell :)

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
06-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Zapp is a great place...I used to buy there regularly when they were in Sayreville, but after they moved to Freehold...and I think they relocated since then as well...its just too far away from my everyday travels to hit them up anymore, but I wish I could.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
06-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Where they located now Pit?

PitViper
06-26-2011, 01:37 AM
There is 2 of them. One right here in Wayne and the other is probably closer to you but still a bit away...in Manalapan.

Great place...so happy they have current POC and SW at a normal price.

Tuga Viper
06-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I got to hit the one in Manalapan. Heard they have lots of figures there.

Been to the one in Wayne but when I went there they didn't have much figure wise.

EM

Barefoot Jedi
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Lovely.

We just have flea markets selling Beanie Babies and NASCAR memorabilia here.

And VHS tapes.

the odinson
06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
i'm so jealous. the tuscaloosa comic shop-
A- never carried toyfare. jerks.
B- doesn't carry joes because they're 'too mainstream'. assholes. of course, judging from their prices they'd be charging 15 bucks a pop for poc stuff, anyways.

jason75
06-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Lovely.

And VHS tapes.

You must live close to me.

PitViper
06-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Lovely.

And VHS tapes.

Oh man, sounds like on of those places down in Southern/Central NJ or PA.......I'm pretty sure you can get some rawhide bones and fake oriental rugs there as well. Those place make me ill. Literally.

i'm so jealous. the tuscaloosa comic shop-
A- never carried toyfare. jerks.
B- doesn't carry joes because they're 'too mainstream'. assholes. of course, judging from their prices they'd be charging 15 bucks a pop for poc stuff, anyways.

Dude this place is so Joe friendly I was blown away. The had a HUUUGE display of old Kenner SW stuff that was clean and reasonably priced. After trying to have sex with the display case I overheard one of the workers talking to someone about how they're more into G.I.Joe these days. I might have to shell out that $55.00 for a MOC Roadblock.

Can't wait to hit it up again next wknd.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Might swing by the Manalapan one one day..its still out of my way but some days I do a hunt down 9 so its a good time to stop in.

riotviper
06-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Thats cool, the comic shop by me charges almost double the price for joes, hell they want $9 for a 25th CC with the mass element on a comic card.

PitViper
06-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Might swing by the Manalapan one one day..its still out of my way but some days I do a hunt down 9 so its a good time to stop in.

If you do, let me know I'd love to know if that store is anything like the one I described here.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
06-26-2011, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they were...they were in two locations in Sayreville the first was amazing they had a huge Venom statue smashing through the back wall which looked great...when they were in their second location in Sayreville which was MUCH smaller like a quarter of the size they still did their best to get anything you might be looking for toywise even if they couldn't display it in store...same issue in mall location.

But maybe next week I'll drive down there...vans in the shop right now so we'll see.

PitViper
06-26-2011, 11:04 PM
One thing I passed on, just because if I don't put the pull back the reigns a bit I'd end up literally destitute walking out the door...but I'm headed back next week, was IDW Godzilla #1

The cover of the comic is just his foot smashing a store front, it must of been promotional or something, but all their #1 comics had the smashed store front a Zapp Comic store. Thought that was cool.

I'm just so high on this because it has been FOREVER that I've seen a brick and mortar store that actually gave a f*ck about what they were doing. Half the reason I stopped going to places was because they were all shitholes, over priced and under stocked.

This was the 1st place that had alot of stuff at a great price with other guys in there hanging out and talking shop..internet and BBTS is awesome, but actually being in that enviroment cant be beat.