PDA

View Full Version : Dead Gi Joes

tigpoppa
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Do Gi Joes or the Cobra Leaders ever get killed in the cartoon or movie?
I dont think I ever saw a single one die.

If anyone knows eps (Recent or Vintage), I would like to know as that kind of story arc interests me. (Please post the series, ep number if possible and year)

Also just wondering what was the point of cobra?
what was their manifest or doctrine for engaging in militant actions?
Did they have a mission statement or constitution to attract new followers?

What kind of social networking and recruiting was used by Cobra?
Did they use facebook or like ummm, hmmm what existed before the internet. Like did they use infomercials or talk shows like oprah for example. Where did all those cobra people come from?

Dod Ear
06-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Duke was supposed to die in the Joe movie. But after the negative response form kids/parents of Optimus Prime's death in the TF animiated film his death scene turned into 'injury scene' and at the end of the movie dubbed over lines were added to say he was pulling through.

T J Bang
06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
In bazooka saw a sea serpent, a cobra trooper dies. He is either killed outright or ejected into the middle of the sea where he would have surely drowned.

W.O. leroy
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
In Resolute Bazooka and Major Bludd dies.

jmc2915
06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
pythona was thrown down a opening in the g.i.joe movie. i think she is dead unless she can fly

flaveydavey
06-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Supposably in the episode "lights, camera Cobra" two cobra troopers are blown up with a missle

TYPHUS
06-20-2011, 08:39 PM
What was the alternate reality episode with dead joes in??

titanate
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
What was the alternate reality episode with dead joes in??

Worlds Without End

holyfrog
06-20-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think they had a point in the cartoon. I think in the comic it had to do with sticking it to "the man" who was sticking it to the people. CC used a piramid sceam to get people to join fund Cobra.

Steevy Maximus
06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Do Gi Joes or the Cobra Leaders ever get killed in the cartoon or movie?
I dont think I ever saw a single one die.

If anyone knows eps (Recent or Vintage), I would like to know as that kind of story arc interests me. (Please post the series, ep number if possible and year)
Worlds Without End is the only vintage-era cartoon to explicitly show "dead Joes". In the 87 movie, as stated, Duke was INTENDED to die, and Pythona and Nemesis Enforcer are implied to have died.

More recently, GI Joe Resolute is probably has the most on screen deaths of any animated Joe project, ever. Bazooka, Mr. Bludd, Zartan, Storm Shadow (sort of), Cobra Commander (sort of), and a score of nameless Joes and Cobras.

Also just wondering what was the point of cobra?
what was their manifest or doctrine for engaging in militant actions?
Did they have a mission statement or constitution to attract new followers?

What kind of social networking and recruiting was used by Cobra?
Did they use facebook or like ummm, hmmm what existed before the internet. Like did they use infomercials or talk shows like oprah for example. Where did all those cobra people come from?

All of that varies depending on what projects you look at and when those projects were produced.

Darth Awgmon
06-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Several Joes died during the Marvel comic run, but not in the cartoon.

crock master
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM
doc is killed by saw viper

T J Bang
06-20-2011, 11:05 PM
I died a little inside after roc....

Darth Awgmon
06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
doc is killed by saw viper

As are Breaker, Quick Kick, maybe Sneak Peak, and somebody else I think.

netowolf
06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
as i remember in comics:
breaker, flash, doc, quick kick, thunder, crankcase, heavy metal, lady jaye, mainframe, avalanche, backstop, blocker, blaster, crazylegs, chuckles, jinx, knockdown, maverick, sneak peak, hardball, skidmark, dj, rampart....

Woo-Dig-It
06-21-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah like everyone has said, the comics had some character deaths and more indepth orgins of Cobra and their motives. The 80's animation was more kid friendly fun quick stories and eye candy that helped toy sales. I thoroughly enjoy them all.

When a writer has a death scene in a story I like it if it's for a good reason and / or unpredictable. Sometimes in writings and TV shows (non-Joe) the deaths are just for shock value and doesn't always add to the story. I liked a 2 part episode of the Unit TV show where the entire 2 part episode they have a character near death trying to get a EVAC for him. At the end of the episode it appears they are in the clear, and the other medic buddy character that has been keeping him alive the whole time gets snipered. Total shock value. You didn't want to see the character go, but it was well written.

Back on the Joe end, I wasn't impressed with the DDP Lady Jaye death scene along with alot of other deaths by the Red Shadows. These unknown (from Marvel/DDP continuity) guys appear out of no where and kill established characters with relative ease. These unknowns made Joe and Cobras look like punks. Wasn't a huge fan of GI Joe: ELITE. It was okay, just not my favorite Joe.

Shipshape1983
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
In the opening to the Animated 80s movie.

I'm pretty sure hundreds of Cobra members perished when Duke blew up the air fortress. Also you can catch a bunch of vehicles presumably manned by cobra troopers get blown up.

On the show, you'd see a parachute pop out and the trooper would be ok.

But in the movie opening, there were no parachutes. Just explosions.

As for the Vipers riding the flight pods into battle that got blown up. Even if they were able to avoid getting their asses roasted by fire and laser shots....they still would have fallen to their deaths specially from that height.