PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever traded for a 25th Anniversary Outback?/Part Swaps

kjl2381
06-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I recently traded (within past 2 months maybe..?) with a Hisstank member. I traded him a 25th Anniversary Outback figure (for what I think was a Shocktrooper, not sure) and he wanted the figure to be mint. I completely botched this trade up and sent the figure without it's stand, the flashlight that goes on his leg, and an accessory that was not for this specific version of Outback "Flak Cannon set". The accessory was a different color... This member was REALLY cool about the whole thing and cut me a break (I did send him the stand & flashlight in another shipment) and he let the "wrong accessory" slide. I told him that I would find him the correct accessory and send it to him.

Well, the time has come. I have aquired that accessory, but I DON"T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE HISSTANK MEMBER!!! So, this is a call for that member to get in contact with me so that I can get him this accessory. So, if you have traded with me for a complete 25th Ann. Outback figure, please contact me!!!

I know this is a long shot, but it can't hurt to try. I will be bumping this thread on a daily basis for a month or two. Sorry if this bothers/annoys anyone, but I appreciate your patience.

CVdelgado
06-19-2011, 03:23 PM
good luck.

a side discussion to keep this thread visible,

did anyone else take the tan vest and backpack from the DoCI Outback and put it on the Flak outback like i did.

looks sweet for such a minor adjustment. maybe i can find a pic...

sparks007
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
good luck.

a side discussion to keep this thread visible,

did anyone else take the tan vest and backpack from the DoCI Outback and put it on the Flak outback like i did.

looks sweet for such a minor adjustment. maybe i can find a pic...
I did the same thing and incidentally the green vest that comes with the flak cannon outback looks food on the doci version as well

CVdelgado
06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
food = good?

yeah i swapped them too. : )

kinda like nightforce outback?

SNAKE EYES
06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I actually put the gun holster from RoC Hawk on the FLAK Outback and it looks great. I'll try and post a pic later if anyone wants to see it...

kjl2381
06-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for helping keep the thread visible guys. Much appreciated.

CaptDP
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Hell yeah I got your back.

rsg
06-19-2011, 04:24 PM
What accessory did you get wrong? I have the AoCI Outback and the only difference I see between that version and the Flak Cannon one is the color of the vest - the weapons look identical.

dayglojoe
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I hate both the vest for Outback and took them off and they are now fodder.

I traded for this outback around the same time but mine was just short the flashlight and I didnt say anything about it so I don't tthink it was you

Dod Ear
06-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I actually put the Gun holster from RoC Hawk on the FLAK Outback and it looks great. I'll try and post a pic later if anyone wants to see it...

I agree - great idea man. OB is my favorite character and I have made many variations including this one. Happened by accident since I was already using Hawk's belt (trimmed of holster to fit and super-glued) and felt the shoulder holster looked great. As a kid, I don't think I even understood how to use the webgear and just used him without it. To be like that he needed a belt.

Other favorite variations: DVD Stalker beige webgear, Legion SS upper arms to replace the Flint ones and darker grey paint to reinforce the camo more like the ARAH.

Dod Ear
06-19-2011, 04:29 PM
What accessory did you get wrong? I have the AoCI Outback and the only difference I see between that version and the Flak Cannon one is the color of the vest - the weapons look identical.

I would guess he means the different vests.

Lody
06-19-2011, 04:53 PM
WHERE THE EFF IS MY IS MY ACCESSORY????

I am waiting

kjl2381
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
question:

answer:
I would guess he means the different vests.

Yep... 8)

rsg
06-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I kinda figured but asking gave the thread a bump, so it couldn't hurt.

JediKnutt
06-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Crap. Now I need another Outback.

Cdt Weasel
06-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Man now I'm hungry for a bloomin onion

Dod Ear
06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Crap. Now I need another Outback.

Why? If just for the vest I usually keep some in my trade fodder and might be able to help you out.

Man now I'm hungry for a bloomin onion

Between his name, his look with the beard and the name 'Stuart Selkirk' I always thought he was Austialian as a kid. Kinda forgot about the whole 'Real American Hero' thing.

SNAKE EYES
06-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Here's the pic I promised earlier... along with some other part swapped AOCI Joe's...

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/Snake-Eyes_/dab6eaae.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/Snake-Eyes_/069c0aa6.jpg

rsg
06-19-2011, 07:15 PM
That's a cool pic Snake Eyes. Think you could list what you swapped out? For those of us who see stuff worth copying.

wormser
06-19-2011, 07:47 PM
i traded for the flak version but i also traded for the defense 7 pack with him.

wormser
06-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Here's the pic I promised earlier... along with some other part swapped AOCI Joe's...

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/Snake-Eyes_/dab6eaae.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/Snake-Eyes_/069c0aa6.jpg

i swapped out backs back packs with each other, put a set of wild bill's hands on chuckles but i want to do a swap on wet suit's arms.

SNAKE EYES
06-20-2011, 12:23 AM
That's a cool pic Snake Eyes. Think you could list what you swapped out? For those of us who see stuff worth copying.

Thanks... I should have posted a parts list.

Here it is:

Chuckles

RoC Hawk hands

Left arm band is his I just left it on after I took the hand off I thought it looked good plus it covers where the hand plugs into the forearm.

Right wrist has the wrist communicator from Tomax/Xamot

The gun is the Megatron gun from Marauder John's

Outback

I just removed the vest he came with and added the holster from RoC Hawk

Wet-Suit

The helmet is from version 7 Wet-Suit (2002)

Lower arms are from Cobra disguise Flint

Hands are from the RoC Pit Trooper

Lower legs are from the Viper

The feet are from Wet-Suit... they look better than the Viper feet plus the flippers still fit.

The spotlight is from the ARAH Wet-Suit

kjl2381
06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for helping keep the thread visible guys. You were a huge help. Thanks to Duffman for contacting me with the info that lead me to the Hisstank member I was looking for. Thanks again!!!

KennY

Mermaniel
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I like pizza and beer.

SNAKE EYES
06-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Thanks for helping keep the thread visible guys. You were a huge help. Thanks to Duffman for contacting me with the info that lead me to the Hisstank member I was looking for. Thanks again!!!

KennY

Well who was it?

:)

wormser
06-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks... I should have posted a parts list.

Here it is:

Chuckles

RoC Hawk hands

Left arm band is his I just left it on after I took the hand off I thought it looked good plus it covers where the hand plugs into the forearm.

Right wrist has the wrist communicator from Tomax/Xamot

did you add the wrist bands for any reason other than you liked them or did they help with matching the hands?

Scoop
06-21-2011, 02:24 AM
First off I'm glad to hear that thanks to the help of fellow Tankers, kjl2381 found the person with whom the Outback was traded to.

Second, as far as the 25th Outback goes, I have him displayed wearing the webgear from the original ARAH Outback figure. Suprisingly it works really well with both figures.

SNAKE EYES
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
did you add the wrist bands for any reason other than you liked them or did they help with matching the hands?

The color was pretty close... I did actually like the way they looked too but I wanted to cover up where they connected to the forearm.

I think the wrist communicator works for Chuckles though and the wrist band/leather bracelet look on the other wrist gives him a somewhat modern look.

Ha ha just read that again and I sound like a fashion designer :D

kjl2381
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Well who was it?

:)

It was Vapor.

ero
06-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Keep it bumpin'

My Outback sports his look from the ARAH card: no vest, holding a pack (in this case, Spirit's minus the metal frame).

nighthawk
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I put the AOCI Outback vest on my FLAK Outback too. For Chuckles, I gave him the holster from Lando Calrissian.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wing_woo/Joe%20Collection/P8140165.jpg

For Wetsuit, I put the AOCI Outback arms on him and Hawk's hands and he currently has Chuckles' head. That's going to change as I'm gonna put a Pit Commando head on so it can fit the helmet that I'm getting in a trade.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wing_woo/Joe%20Collection/043-1.jpg

Here's what I did with my actual AOCI Outback. This is now Big Brawler for me.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wing_woo/Joe%20Collection/Picture019-1.jpg

SNAKE EYES
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Like the holster change but that Big Brawler looks great.

That is just the PoC Clutch's web gear right... and who's head is that on PoC Clutch's body?

cobracobra
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
So how many POC Clutch/sgt. Tomahawk heads have Spock eyebrows because mine almost look like spanish prostitutes.

JoeMama
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
pics

nighthawk
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Like the holster change but that Big Brawler looks great.

That is just the PoC Clutch's web gear right... and who's head is that on PoC Clutch's body?

It's just Pit Commando's head. Here's the original thread with more pics.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/90011-skidmark-big-brawler.html

ero
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Mercy is Skidmark a terrible name for a Joe. I wasn't familiar with him before, but I like the custom. It works!