PDA

View Full Version : POC Cobra Trooper Review

Iok
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zMo077-cCi0/Te4l6epzbUI/AAAAAAAAD2k/IcvaXbBJy3w/s1600/City+Strike+Cobra+Trooper.JPG

I didn't expect much of this figure, believing it to be simply a repackaged repaint of the 25th Anniversary Cobra Trooper. I was wrong, of course. This is an excellent example of Hasbro taking an original concept and updating it. Unlike some of the POC figures (such as the Cobra Commander) this retains the essence of the figure whilst adding a lot more.

That Figures: REVIEW: GI Joe City Strike Cobra Trooper (http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-gi-joe-city-strike-cobra-trooper.html)

Darth Awgmon
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zMo077-cCi0/Te4l6epzbUI/AAAAAAAAD2k/IcvaXbBJy3w/s1600/City+Strike+Cobra+Trooper.JPG

...I didn't expect much of this figure, believing it to be simply a repackaged repaint of the 25th Anniversary Cobra Trooper....

That Figures: REVIEW: GI Joe City Strike Cobra Trooper (http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-gi-joe-city-strike-cobra-trooper.html)

What the hell were YOU thinking? This is one of the best figures ever! Good review!

Iok
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
What the hell were YOU thinking? This is one of the best figures ever! Good review!

What can I say? I was blinded by my previous experiences with the more cartoonish Bazooka Trooper and expected the same kind of thing...

And thanks - glad you enjoyed it!

Trooper618
06-07-2011, 11:51 AM
My only bitch is the Dragonov while it is a fine rifle ( long range marksman rifle) an extra AK would be nice also.I guess that is what Mauradurs is for.

Iok
06-07-2011, 12:35 PM
My only bitch is the Dragonov while it is a fine rifle ( long range marksman rifle) an extra AK would be nice also.I guess that is what Mauradurs is for.

Unless I'm misreading it, the back of the card does mention two rifles - the standard-issue Cobra precision rifle AND an assault rifle (but only one pistol...)

RolandofGilead
06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice review and great update on a classic figure. I ended up giving mine the AK that came with the Jungle BAT. I'm still looking to get one more of these troopers.

Iok
06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice review and great update on a classic figure. I ended up giving mine the AK that came with the Jungle BAT. I'm still looking to get one more of these troopers.

Thanks. Yeah, I liked that the update wasn't radical enough to offend fans of the originals but at the same time took a slightly cartoony villain and made him credible.

Trooper618
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Unless I'm misreading it, the back of the card does mention two rifles - the standard-issue Cobra precision rifle AND an assault rifle (but only one pistol...)

pics only show the dragonov though with two pistols and no extra rifle

Iok
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
pics only show the dragonov though with two pistols and no extra rifle

Yeah, I noticed the other day - I think it was the Steel Brigade trooper - has a grenade launcher listed as a weapon. I guess they just have different schedules on the production and can't always fix the card info or something.

Shipshape1983
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM
we need an african american variant.

Iok
06-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Agreed. I'd like to see the same on the Joe side with their Army Builders.

Colonel Bludd
06-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Agreed. I'd like to see the same on the Joe side with their Army Builders.
and a female one too

Primo_Baddest
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I cant wait until I get a few of these and give em the sideshow desert treatment...and what he said above me x2

Iok
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
and a female one too

Indeed. I'm disappointed Hasbro hasn't done any females in the POC range, given how many Janes there are in the other lines.

fireflyguy
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
If I were inclined to collect Cobra blueshirts, this is the one I'd collect. It is a great version of the figure.

ArbcoCeo
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Has anyone else switched out the knee pads with Snake Eyes? I think it really adds to both figures.

rdblock
06-11-2011, 06:23 PM

i took the african american cobra desert troopers head and made the easy swap. I bout 3 desert troops online on ebay for 1.99 each

SDawg
06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
We can also put some more ethnicities in the Greenshirts too.

fireflyguy
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
It'd be cool to have an albino cobra trooper also.

GI Guppy the third
06-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Marauders is coming out with a nice modular one in the next series that's going to be 100% better than anything Hasbro would have thrown into this.

BEAM
06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm into the realism and muted colors of the POC line over the brightness of the 25th, so this trooper fits perfectly in my collection. Plus I really like the sculpt of the uniform, giving it wrinkles and textures not found in the previous troopers.

In my Joeverse, these guys aren't just grunts. They more resemble officers who will command my Bazooka squad (who are more like demolition experts and carry rifles). They're still below Alley Vipers and Shock Troopers, though.

Iok
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm the same - I much prefer the more lifelike look of the PoC (and even to an extent, RoC) figures over the earlier Joes, which is why I really dig some of these modern takes. I hope they adopt a similar updating process for the 30th Anniversary figures. I'd love to see Croc Master as some kind of bayou badass, for example.

chuckernaut
06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Has anyone else switched out the knee pads with Snake Eyes? I think it really adds to both figures.

i got 26 blue shirts i dont have that meny sanke eyes ..........yet

Viper6
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
yup, if only for more modern gear. 7.62 scar would be nice.

Cdt Weasel
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't dug mine up, but pretty sure the head and helmet were first used on the Best of 80's dvd set Cobra Trooper.

Xenos
06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Marauders is coming out with a nice modular one in the next series that's going to be 100% better than anything Hasbro would have thrown into this.

I keep meaning to outfit my blueshirts with Marauder AK's, but at the same time it's kind of hard to drop $100 on rifles when all of my Blue shirts have guns already, even if they aren't as good as I wish they were.

Weezus
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
lol black cobra troopers.

cobra has no black members. unless you count the newer PC crap. which noone should because its gay.
if cobra was nice enough to be multicultural they wouldnt be evil. they would be america with a better uniform aesthetic.

speaking of which. AWESOME FIGURE.

Joseph
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Unlike some of the POC figures (such as the Cobra Commander) this retains the essence of the figure whilst adding a lot more.

That is why I really enjoy this figure. The upcoming Storm Shadow looks as though it will do the same. Crazy Legs does a lot, too. I've bought 2 figures since the first wave of RoC came out, this one and Crazy Legs. I'd get Low Light if I could find him.

I'm sure the new designs and direction are great for some, and I hope they get enjoyment out of them. I'm just not one of those people that is looking for radically different designs. This figure really illustrates what I want from my Joes. Every time I get it out, though, I find one of those itty bitty silencers on the floor an hour later. It will be a miracle if I manage to keep up with both of them.

Joseph
06-16-2011, 02:59 PM

cobra has no black members. unless you count the newer PC crap. which noone should because its gay.
if cobra was nice enough to be multicultural they wouldnt be evil. they would be america with a better uniform aesthetic.

I'm not sure you can talk about how gay something is and then mention how much you like their uniforms.

But the basic sentiment I do understand. I don't think Cobra can't have black members (They're a specific goal-oriented terrorist organization, not the Wisconsin Malitia) but someone really needs to explain female Imperial officers to me when it comes to Star Wars Expanded Universe.

DR.Sin
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Shadow Tracker

Iok
06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm sure the new designs and direction are great for some, and I hope they get enjoyment out of them. I'm just not one of those people that is looking for radically different designs. This figure really illustrates what I want from my Joes. Every time I get it out, though, I find one of those itty bitty silencers on the floor an hour later. It will be a miracle if I manage to keep up with both of them.

This is where I think Hasbro has dropped the ball. PoC should be the home of the radical updates/modifications, IMO and the upcoming 30th line should be the modern takes on classics. I don't understand why they can't run both concurrently.

Joseph
06-16-2011, 04:51 PM
This is where I think Hasbro has dropped the ball. PoC should be the home of the radical updates/modifications, IMO and the upcoming 30th line should be the modern takes on classics. I don't understand why they can't run both concurrently.

No arguments here. I ignore the Clone Wars and Saga Legends figures and am pretty much just picking up the vintage line, so this approach works for me.

Iok
06-16-2011, 05:10 PM
No arguments here. I ignore the Clone Wars and Saga Legends figures and am pretty much just picking up the vintage line, so this approach works for me.

I know SW toys will probably outsell GI Joe by a massive margin but Hasbro manages to put-out, what, six? seven? different lines under that umbrella title, yet they think GI Joe collectors/fans can't handle more than one line at a time?

Weezus
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure you can talk about how gay something is and then mention how much you like their uniforms.

But the basic sentiment I do understand. I don't think Cobra can't have black members (They're a specific goal-oriented terrorist organization, not the Wisconsin Malitia) but someone really needs to explain female Imperial officers to me when it comes to Star Wars Expanded Universe.

i mean gay about as much in reference to homosexuality as anyone who says lame means to reference a cripple or retarded is used to reference the mentally handicapped. also while im here, almost everything that is gender specific is not a natural phenomenon and is very much more a societal standard. you can work theater, dress in drag every day and be an american idol judge and that doesnt mean you prefer people of your same gender.

but yes your basic sentiment i understand. i happen to find nazi ss uniforms in particular some of the greatest in the history of armies of any nation. its a shame there is such a negative bias attached.

Shadow Tracker

hes an awesome figure, but not what i was talking about. i meant the original gi joe line. not the politically correct new stuff they are doing. you might have noticed that storm shadow was japanese and the only non-white of cobra. i assume this was a reference to the german/japan allegiance.

i could be wrong, but i like to think cobra commander was hitler under his mask. its been cited often the hood was very KKK inspired.

if cobra invited all races and offered them unrealistic goals and screwed them of their money because they were actually just run as arbco to fleece the people's wallets then we might as well call glenn beck a real american hero. :) ill stick with my actually evil cobra troopers, thank you.

not that i dont like some of the awesome figures but ... im pretty much just rambling. its best to ignore my posts unless you are just that bored.

M_renegade
06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Cool review, agreed on practically everything (i still don't understand how you thought we could get the 25th version lol)

Btw:
also includes the newer wrist tilt joint on his left hand.

You've said the same about the viper.
Both wrist have the extra articulation.

luigi
06-17-2011, 12:59 AM
has anyone else who has this guy noticed
that the silencer fits on both the rifle and the hand guns

Joseph
06-17-2011, 01:16 AM
i mean gay about as much in reference to homosexuality as anyone who says lame means to reference a cripple or retarded is used to reference the mentally handicapped. also while im here

Sorry, but I realized that. Check out my post history. I don't know that gay and retarded and lame need be the same, but I'm fine with the evolution of culturally-specific language.

But you still have to understand that you can't call something gay and then talk about outfit asthetics in the same post.

Darth Awgmon
06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
but yes your basic sentiment i understand. i happen to find nazi ss uniforms in particular some of the greatest in the history of armies of any nation. its a shame there is such a negative bias attached...

i could be wrong, but i like to think cobra commander was hitler under his mask. its been cited often the hood was very KKK inspired.

i.

This line of thinking is disturbing to me. There are some things you should just keep to yourself, Nazi uniform admiration being one of them. I know...you are just talking in a fashion sense. You've got to remember what that uniform symbolizes. It's not a "negative bias." Those who wore that uniform fought in the name of true evil. As more and more WWII vets pass each day, it becomes more acceptable to make statements such as yours. The people that actually witnessed that uniform in action would never talk about it like you do.

Lastly, I love GI Joe and Cobra. Hitler is responsible (when you consider all the lives lost in WWII) for more deaths than any other human being in the history of the world. The Commander is one of the all-time great comic villains. The hood covers his face. It is not meant to imply that he is associated with the KKK. You say that theory has been cited often. I am a 36 year old Joe fan from way back, and I've never heard it said that his hood is "very KKK inspired." Quit trying to apply your warped views to my favorite childhood toy and adult hobby. Your thought process is warped.

Joseph
06-17-2011, 01:34 AM
This line of thinking is disturbing to me.

But I can't say that I don't disagree with your conclusion. Cobra isn't Al Quaeda. Cobra has an army. I get the whole Cobra=Nazi idea. It's a perspective I also appreciate. I think people like Bin Laden are boring and make bad cartoon/comic villains. That's why 9/11 was a big deal. I wish it were '41 and we could make the bad guys some other nation or some other race, but that isn't the case. The distance from history where Hitler was = to bin Laden never existed, much less is it grand on a level that appeals to the kids of today or the kids of yesterday. I've gone to Halloween costume parties dressed as a nazi. Wouldn't you think it almost effortless to show up at a party dressed as a red coat?

No, there's no need to assume that Cobra Commander, or the organization, needs white supremecy to be a part of their doctrine. I seriously doubt that Cobra Commander would care, as long as someone bought his crazy totally and bent to his will. I can say this, though; I would be bothered that Cobra Commander was a black guy in comics or movie. but, I don't think that Hitler shold be black, either.

Darth Awgmon
06-17-2011, 01:52 AM
But I can't say that I don't disagree with your conclusion. Cobra isn't Al Quaeda. Cobra has an army. I get the whole Cobra=Nazi idea. It's a perspective I also appreciate. I think people like Bin Laden are boring and make bad cartoon/comic villains. That's why 9/11 was a big deal. I wish it were '41 and we could make the bad guys some other nation or some other race, but that isn't the case. The distance from history where Hitler was = to bin Laden never existed, much less is it grand on a level that appeals to the kids of today or the kids of yesterday. I've gone to Halloween costume parties dressed as a nazi. Wouldn't you think it almost effortless to show up at a party dressed as a red coat?

No, there's no need to assume that Cobra Commander, or the organization, needs white supremecy to be a part of their doctrine. I seriously doubt that Cobra Commander would care, as long as someone bought his crazy totally and bent to his will. I can say this, though; I would be bothered that Cobra Commander was a black guy in comics or movie. but, I don't think that Hitler shold be black, either.

I'm not sure I really get where you are going with this. All I'm saying is, it's just not"right" to talk about how cool Nazi uniforms are, and how it sucks that there is a "negative bias" attached to them. You know what sucks - Nazis -period. To you and me, those uniforms and stuff are cool and historical. To one of their victims, the sight of that uniform or swastika may bring back horrific memories. They are fading fast, but there are still alot of victims left. There are still alot of veterans left from WWII. Out of respect to them, I watch what I say about the Nazis and their shit. I think the main problem with our culture is we forget our own history so quickly.

jestermon
06-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I do wish he had a holster for the other pistol.

I wonder if we will ever see different versions of this guy in the 30 line.

Probably not as many as in 25th.

Joseph
06-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm not sure I really get where you are going with this. All I'm saying is, it's just not"right" to talk about how cool Nazi uniforms are, and how it sucks that there is a "negative bias" attached to them. You know what sucks - Nazis -period. To you and me, those uniforms and stuff are cool and historical. To one of their victims, the sight of that uniform or swastika may bring back horrific memories. They are fading fast, but there are still alot of victims left. There are still alot of veterans left from WWII. Out of respect to them, I watch what I say about the Nazis and their shit. I think the main problem with our culture is we forget our own history so quickly.

I don't think it is that we forget. None of us, I assume, want to repeat that part of human history. I'm of the opinion that it was silly that the Red Skull figures, even in the new movie, can't have swastikas on their armbands. There is no wonder in why we forget when we assume that such a part of our common history must automatically be sensored "for the children". The question of talking to our kids about a swastika -or even explaining the symbol in that context- is more about our own inability to confront those issues out of what you would call "forgetting our own history". It's why we can't talk about sex or drugs or human horror with our own kids. We are uncomfortable about nazism (and sex or drugs) because we either don't understand it ourselves or we are uncomfortable with our own lack of knoledge. We censor our kids over an -ism, and not from a true understanding of it. Besides, if we were good parents, then we would make an effort to understand the -ism before we bemoaned it out of some misplaced sense of parental responsability or social conditioning to knee-jerk resent it.

What greater disservice to the victims than refusing to talk about it and remember/comprehend and pass on? That is why history repeats itself; knee-jerk emotionalism.

Darth Awgmon
06-17-2011, 02:14 AM
I do wish he had a holster for the other pistol.

I wonder if we will ever see different versions of this guy in the 30 line.

Probably not as many as in 25th.

This is my only complaint about POC. All the figures have a shitload of accessories, but never have enough places to hold all of the stuff.

As far as other versions in the 30th go - I just read the Hasbro Q&A from all the different sites at General's Joes. They hinted to more versions of Cobra Troop builders from POC being released as part of the 30th line, which gets me horny.

Joseph
06-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree about the holster. That's why I keep finding the gun and silencer on the floor; beacuse I have no place else to put it.

Darth Awgmon
06-17-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't think it is that we forget. None of us, I assume, want to repeat that part of human history. I'm of the opinion that it was silly that the Red Skull figures, even in the new movie, can't have swastikas on their armbands. There is no wonder in why we forget when we assume that such a part of our common history must automatically be sensored "for the children". The question of talking to our kids about a swastika -or even explaining the symbol in that context- is more about our own inability to confront those issues out of what you would call "forgetting our own history". It's why we can't talk about sex or drugs or human horror with our own kids. We are uncomfortable about nazism (and sex or drugs) because we either don't understand it ourselves or we are uncomfortable with our own lack of knoledge. We censor our kids over an -ism, and not from a true understanding of it. Besides, if we were good parents, then we would make an effort to understand the -ism before we bemoaned it out of some misplaced sense of parental responsability or social conditioning to knee-jerk resent it.

What greater disservice to the victims than refusing to talk about it and remember/comprehend and pass on? That is why history repeats itself; knee-jerk emotionalism.

Who the hell said not to talk about it? I think everyone should talk about it...ie - not forget. Everyone should know what a swastika looks like and what it stands for. Children should learn about all of the horrors perpetrated by the Nazi's as they progress through school. All people throughout the world should know this part of history, as no area was left unaffected.

That other dude was saying Nazi Uniforms were maybe the coolest ever, and it sucked that there was a negative stigma attached to them. I think it's fucked up to look at a Nazi uniform and come to the conclusion that is looks awesome. I look at that uniform and associate it with the fuckers who felt the need to wear it in service of paranoid homicidal sociopath. That is the enemy's uniform.

I also got pissed when he compared CC to the KKK and Hitler. That's just stupid. Cobra Commander is a child's toy line villain. I enjoy Cobra Commander. The KKK and Hitler, while interesting in a historical perspective to me, suck big ding dongs in the overall sense. Cobra Commander = cool. KKK and Hitler = suck.

SNAKE EYES
06-17-2011, 02:41 AM

That's actually a good idea I would like to see Hasbro do this.

Darth Awgmon
06-17-2011, 03:04 AM
That's actually a good idea I would like to see Hasbro do this.

Me, too.

DR.Sin
06-17-2011, 05:36 AM
An African American cobra trooper would be a cool variant.

Wow! on the bad guy leader discussion. Not going to add to it any further. Hopefully mentioning it doesn't.

Iok
06-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Cool review, agreed on practically everything (i still don't understand how you thought we could get the 25th version lol)

Not following you there. Are you referring to my comment about ''already having the 25th Anniversary Trooper?" By that I meant that this is a fairly generic figure (however good he is) and if I'm buying on a budget I'd prefer to get stuff that has more pop, rather than a figure that - from a distance - looks similar to another one.

Btw:
You've said the same about the viper.
Both wrist have the extra articulation.

I'm not feeling that on mine. I just double-checked and unless it's a super-tight joint on both of the figures, I can't feel any movement there beyond the ''give'' of the plastic, which I don't fancy forcing to find out...

NCR_Ranger92
06-17-2011, 11:17 AM
I want 5 or 10 of these guys. I have 1 so that means only 4 or 9 more to go.

Iok
06-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I want 5 or 10 of these guys. I have 1 so that means only 4 or 9 more to go.

They are pretty cool and if I did Army Building I'd probably go with these guys.

BEAM
06-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm of the opinion that it was silly that the Red Skull figures, even in the new movie, can't have swastikas on their armbands.

The death of 11 to 17 million people because of thier race, ethnicity, sexual preference is the reason. It is out of respect for the survivors and thier families that it doesn't need to be on a children's product. And yes, while comics and action figures are bought mainly by adults, it is first and foremost a child's medium.

Joseph
06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
And yes, while comics and action figures are bought mainly by adults, it is first and foremost a child's medium.

That is a pretty obvious contradiction.

A swastika is a swastika. I think it's silly that so many people who want to talk about personal freedoms are so quick to say that a swastika and the deaths that surrounded it should be censored from the public dialouge. It's childish and silly reactionary.

BEAM
06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
A swastika is a swastika. I think it's silly that so many people who want to talk about personal freedoms are so quick to say that a swastika and the deaths that surrounded it should be censored from the public dialouge. It's childish and silly reactionary.

Ok now your just trying to get a rise out of people. To describe the censorship of the swastika as "childish" is downright ignorant of history. Yes, it was just a swastika until Hitler adopted it as the symbol for ethnic genocide. And thanks t Hitler, more than any other symbol, it encompasses everything the human race should strive to eradicate: hatred, murder, bigotry, intolerance, racism. People who stood used it as the symbol of their cause had one goal in mind - the Final Solution aka the eradication of the Jewish race.

The actions of the Nazi's should be discussed in proper forums and with the proper prospective. If they took swastikas out of Schindler's List I'd be right there with you. But it has no place in a fluff summer blockbuster aimed at children (some of whom may not have gotten to that era of history yet) and adults. Nor should it be around the arm of that movie's central villain's action figure.

Joseph
06-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Ok now your just trying to get a rise out of people. To describe the censorship of the swastika as "childish" is downright ignorant of history. Yes, it was just a swastika until Hitler adopted it as the symbol for ethnic genocide. And thanks t Hitler, more than any other symbol, it encompasses everything the human race should strive to eradicate: hatred, murder, bigotry, intolerance, racism. People who stood used it as the symbol of their cause had one goal in mind - the Final Solution aka the eradication of the Jewish race.

The actions of the Nazi's should be discussed in proper forums and with the proper prospective. If they took swastikas out of Schindler's List I'd be right there with you. But it has no place in a fluff summer blockbuster aimed at children (some of whom may not have gotten to that era of history yet) and adults. Nor should it be around the arm of that movie's central villain's action figure.

what rise? How is fake outrage not an attempt at a rise? It's the most silly thing in the whole world.

Your point was still a contradiction. THAT is attempting to get a rise out of people. Your fake outrage and me pointing it out is not. It's an appeal to your sanity, not an attempt at getting a rise out of you(not 'people')

NCR_Ranger92
06-18-2011, 01:12 AM
They are pretty cool and if I did Army Building I'd probably go with these guys.

Why not also with other cool guys like steel brigade and cobra BAT. Those are cool too.

Iok
06-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Why not also with other cool guys like steel brigade and cobra BAT. Those are cool too.

True. I just dig the idea of a large army of Cobra Troopers, for some reason...

M_renegade
06-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Not following you there. Are you referring to my comment about ''already having the 25th Anniversary Trooper?" By that I meant that this is a fairly generic figure (however good he is) and if I'm buying on a budget I'd prefer to get stuff that has more pop, rather than a figure that - from a distance - looks similar to another one.

To be absolutely honest, i think the exact same way!. I'd rather have more beachead-type figures (more new stuff) than just rehash or modern versions, but the trooper is pretty cool (same for the 30/30 stuff)

In any case, what i meant is that i can't understand why you got surprised. While reading, my undertsanding was that you where expecting a 25th trooper of sorts.
(english is not my first language, so sometimes i simply misunderstand the meaning of a phrase)

I'm not feeling that on mine. I just double-checked and unless it's a super-tight joint on both of the figures, I can't feel any movement there beyond the ''give'' of the plastic, which I don't fancy forcing to find out...

Boil some water. Put the arm of the figure on it. Try moving the joint.
Hot water softens the plastic, you'll be even able to completely pop off the hand and check in detail just in case. (hot water won't do any damage to the figure, don't worry)

Iok
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
To be absolutely honest, i think the exact same way!. I'd rather have more beachead-type figures (more new stuff) than just rehash or modern versions, but the trooper is pretty cool (same for the 30/30 stuff)

In any case, what i meant is that i can't understand why you got surprised. While reading, my undertsanding was that you where expecting a 25th trooper of sorts.
(english is not my first language, so sometimes i simply misunderstand the meaning of a phrase)

I see what you mean. What *I* mean is that I thought - given Croc Master and Blowtorch - that this was simply a repackaged 25th Anniversary figure, which is why I was (nicely) surprised when he wasn't.

Boil some water. Put the arm of the figure on it. Try moving the joint.
Hot water softens the plastic, you'll be even able to completely pop off the hand and check in detail just in case. (hot water won't do any damage to the figure, don't worry)

I'll give that a try, thanks!

villainsrule
06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
what rise? How is fake outrage not an attempt at a rise? It's the most silly thing in the whole world.

Your point was still a contradiction. THAT is attempting to get a rise out of people. Your fake outrage and me pointing it out is not. It's an appeal to your sanity, not an attempt at getting a rise out of you(not 'people')

I'm going to have to agree with you there, man. Just because the US and some of Europe have a panic attack over the symbol, doesn't mean it has any other meaning than what you attach to it. If you tremble and get all angry over it, you are just blatantly ignorant of it's history and continued useage. Although we can't know exact numbers, we can assume that, since countries like India, China, Japan, etc all still use the symbol, more people accept the swastika than are "hurt" by it. Likewise, Hitler only stole the symbol because of how popular it was internationally. In many ways, he spoiled it for a lot of people, while other countries just got over it and took back it's original use rather than dwelling on it. Obviously the Nazi's were bad and people understandably have every right to be angry over their actions, but try to remain calm and understand the war is over. Are you still mad at Japan or Italy?

As to someone claiming Hitler killed more people than anyone in history? Nope. Not even close. If you want to claim every person that died during WWII is attributed to Hitler, than maybe you're right; but only because the biggest murderer, Stalin, was also killing during WWII.

I'm not trying to stir up a fight, simply trying to bring a few facts to light. So please, let's get our history straight people. And let's not make assumptions about our philosophies and beliefs in this country as if they reflect the whole world.

urrutiap
06-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Since the new Cobra Trooper officers are in stores now and stuff, why does it come with 2 daggers? I know one dagger goes in the dagger holder but what are you supposed to with the other dagger? Its just gonna get lost or something