PDA

View Full Version : City Strike Iron Grenadier Review

Iok
06-04-2011, 03:48 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-E8G2pUEDhkI/Tep0JHfIUtI/AAAAAAAADz0/xmQJ8PqJAm0/s1600/City+Strike+Iron+Grenadier.JPG

I have to say I'm not as big a fan of this figure as I've been of the others I've Reviewed recently. He's a solid-enough figure let down by his accessories (and the assault cannon isn't as good as it should be) but overall, he's a pretty OK-to-good figure.

That Figures: REVIEW: GI Joe City Strike Iron Grenadier (http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-gi-joe-city-strike-iron.html)

A.V.A.C.
06-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Great review, i really dig your take on things, a good read for sure!

falcon_77
06-04-2011, 04:03 PM
...want figure....

Iok
06-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Great review, i really dig your take on things, a good read for sure!

Thanks AVAC. I'm a collector first and a blogger second so I'd hope that comes through when I do a Review.

Iok
06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
...want figure....

I wouldn't invest a massive amount of effort/cash into tracking him down. He's good but he's not scalper-price good.

drunknmunky
06-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Gotta disagree. I think this figure is amazing. The colors are perfect and the gun isd actually pretty cool. MARS is on top of all the new technology so it's only fitting that the IG get futuristic guns and armor. I've got 2 so far and definitely want many more.

riotviper
06-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I like the update to the IG but would have preferred a different color scheme.

Iok
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Gotta disagree. I think this figure is amazing. The colors are perfect and the gun isd actually pretty cool. MARS is on top of all the new technology so it's only fitting that the IG get futuristic guns and armor. I've got 2 so far and definitely want many more.

I like the concept but I just dislike the execution. The head articulation, the ammo belt not fitting very well and the look of the assault cannon (that looks more like a construction girder than a gun) really let it down. It's still a good figure but I think it's one of the weaker releases in the Wave.

Iok
06-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I like the update to the IG but would have preferred a different color scheme.

It's not bad when you see it in the flesh.