PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Twisted Metal?

PitViper
05-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I just read a review on TM 4 and it sounded pretty damn cool.

I'm well aware of the franchise but never played anything with the exception a few min at a demo.

Anyone have some input on this game? I do like the idea of hooking up a ride and blowing stuff up...but I'm wondering if that kinda melee gets boring...orrrrr is it like a good shooter on wheels?

Any input you have is appreciated.

OSOK
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM
twisted metal is the shit, man i killed alot of hours on the OG one for the playstation. sweet tooth FTW!

mrjoshua327
05-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I was always a fan of Mr Grimm

AshReaper
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
twisted metal is a great shooter on wheels i had fave cars in all the gamees

twisted metal 1 darkside
twisted metal 2 and 3 mr grimm
twisted metal 4 mr zombie
twisted metal black sweet tooth
and theres a new twisted metal comming out in october for the ps3

Reymarkable
05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
heres my take on the twisted metal series
twisted metal 1= awesome
twisted metal 2= best out of the whole series...Period! totally advanced on the first game. fav characters were axel, sweet tooth, minion, roadkill,...classic game
twisted metal 3 & 4 = sucks ass! 989 studios cant make games for shit!
twisted metal black= pretty awesome but still not as good as TM 2!

JohnnyAngel77
05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Twisted Metal 2 was easily my favorite out of the series so far. Looking forward to the next one.

cobralalalala!
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Personally, Twisted metal 1 was the best in the series. Tight controls, great stage layouts. I was addicted to this game and played it for hours and hours at a time

Twisted Metal 2 and onward were huge disappointments because

1. graphics never really got much better than part 1. Even the last one on PS2 looked like complete shit.

2. The controls got too complicated and not as tight and accurate as part 1.

3. Crappy stage designs, with a few exceptions.

I'm still waiting for a true sequel to part one. I would play it for days on end. If they decide to enter the modern age with some better than PS1 graphics, and they design some great stages, improve the controls and the music, then I am all over this game.

Darkseid83
05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Minion and Darkside(was it side or syde, I forget) were awesome, but sweet tooth was the shit, a combo of homicidal clown and i've cream truck (think john wayne gacie mashed with the good humor man). Don't know much about the new one, but stage design will play a big part. I hope they let you pimp out your vehicle (paint, add guns, missiles, armor, etc.) Then they need to make a line of 1:18 scale vehicles & drivers.