PDA

View Full Version : Ohio G.I. Joe Sightings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

BIGJIM
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
That would be pretty funny if they were the same figures.

I picked up a Zombie Viper (my first) at the Middleburg Ht.s Walgreens (Pearl & Bagley) today after work.
I didn't want to pay that much but it's the first one I've seen and I figured I'd better grab one now in case I never see another.
I'm not even sure if I like the figure. I just felt like I was supposed to own it because everyone makes such a big stink over it.

BIGJIM
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah, Gabriel Brothers down the street still had Ripcord and Scarlett if anyone is desperate and has had their shots updated.
(If you know the store, you know what I mean)

Python_Puckman
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
My wife just grabbed a Zombie, LifeLine, Airtight and SciFi, she left the Law and Order on the peg which was snapped up the minute she put it back. She said that collector had his eye on all the figs she grabbed, talk about a minute late. Now I'm finally caught up, this has not been an easy wave to find.

Those kind of guys creep me out. They can at least wait until the aisle is clear of people before sweeping up the leftovers in a mad rush :)

azoric
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Scored 2 Zombie vipers today at a walgreens on Hamilton rd! (Cbus)

totally broke my $7 limit on action figure purchases!

Laser Viper
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Still need Ren SS and some Zombie-vipers.

Cobra80
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I stopped by the Target on Feedwire Road. Survey says...... Renegades SS has come and gone. The toy employee said as soon as they put the case out the white ninja looking guy was plucked off the peg.

They still have Techno Vipers hazard vipers renegades trooper tunnel rat Scarlett and Ripcord. Congrats to whatever Tanker scored the SS Renegades

BIGJIM
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I just found out a local guy snagged me a crispy clean MOC SS.
Now I'll have a carded one to put behind the loose one.

thejoker
03-21-2012, 10:36 PM
i got 3 Zombie Vipers and 1 airtight at the Mount Orab kroger

azoric
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Zombies have finally invaded Ohio!

thejoker
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Zombies have finally invaded Ohio!

i got 4 at the Mount Orab kroger
they have more joes then walmart or target
and they are $6.50

they had 2 Sci-Fis and 2 lifelines left

Laser Viper
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I stopped by the Target on Feedwire Road. Survey says...... Renegades SS has come and gone. The toy employee said as soon as they put the case out the white ninja looking guy was plucked off the peg.

They still have Techno Vipers hazard vipers renegades trooper tunnel rat Scarlett and Ripcord. Contests to whatever Tanker scored the SS Renegades

Thanks for the info, Cobra80 and any help picking one up would be greatly appreciated.

Ripcord
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM
went to Wal-Mart and TRU in Parma yesterday and nothing new to report.

CobraTedMander
03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Great news (perhaps)!

Went into Kenwood TRU today and got a lovely surprise!
3&3/4 joes are back! Never have seen them there. Looks like a collector already picked through. Nothing but a Scarlett and Ripcord but STILL!

BIGJIM
03-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I checked STV WM again and still nothing but tumbleweeds in the aisle.

ResoluteBAT
03-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Checked in a Tri-State Target and Kroger while grocery shopping.

Kroger: Typical Renegades figures and Airtight

Target: Looked like a Renegades episode vomited on the pegs... nothing but Dukes, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commanders, and an occasional Scarlett.

Both of them had Techno-Vipers last week, wish they would have stuck around. :P Tired of this Renegades garbage.

Also, the Target had the new 10.99 pricing... Blasphemy and it's finest...

Laser Viper
03-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Sorry for the late post, stopped by Dayton mall Target and walmarts yesterday after work and nothing but Renegade figures and walmarts still have 2 Black Dragons and 1 Crimson Hiss tank. BTW, Target still has figures for $8.99.

hubrisin
03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
$10.99???? What a rip off! Good thing I'm avoiding the Retaliation assortments like a hooker with VD. Good job Hasbro, I'm buying less figures now!

Meanjoehut
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Toyrus site has Storm Shadow at $9.99, no zombies

Meanjoehut
03-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Believe I may have provided incorrect info on the SS, I think its the 25th version, sorry

azoric
03-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Wal Mart on Bethel Rd in Columbus FINALLY had some new figures... Must have only been one new case. Saw my first Lifeline and Sci-Fi in the wild. Snagged the Lifeline, but left Sci-Fi.

Felt better about Wal Mart's $6.97 price than shelling out 10.99 each for 2 zombie vipers earlier this week at walgreens.

Honestly, I kind of do want the Renegades Cobra Commander, but with all the peg warming, I think I'll just wait for them to show up at TJ Maxx

BIGJIM
03-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Target in North Olmsted put out a case yesterday. L&O, Tunnel Rat, Airborne, Scarlett, SB, etc.......
No SS.

Laser Viper
03-24-2012, 10:37 AM
picked up 2 zombie vipers yesterday.

Ripcord
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
TRU and Target in Mayfield had Joes, last 2 waves but no SS or Zombies.

Ripcord
03-24-2012, 11:18 AM
TRU and Target in Parma had nothing. Target had the $10.99 price stickers on the empty pegs

BIGJIM
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Target had the $10.99 price stickers on the empty pegs

Did you happen to punch the DPCI into a redbox and see if they had anything in the back?
I'm wondering if they will see anything over the next few days.

Kaisugi
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
$10.99 here too...

Python_Puckman
03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Honestly, I kind of do want the Renegades Cobra Commander, but with all the peg warming, I think I'll just wait for them to show up at TJ Maxx

I finally broke down and bought one last week from a Walmart. I gotta say that once you swap the half-mask head with the full mask one, he is pretty damn sweet.

BIGJIM
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Joes are on sale at Target this week for $7.99.

Kaisugi
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Joes are on sale at Target this week for $7.99.

raise 'em to $10.99 then put 'em on sale for the regular price.
That's funny.... in a shove it up your (*&#@%$ kinda way

BIGJIM
03-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, but the odd thing is, the sale tag says "$7.99, normally $8.99".
Weird that the tag underneath that is for eleven bucks.

I still think (and hope) the inflated price is a glitch in the DPCI system.

Laser Viper
03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
I finally broke down and bought one last week from a Walmart. I gotta say that once you swap the half-mask head with the full mask one, he is pretty damn sweet.

I second this! I was skeptical about him, but after i bought him and swapped to full mask and placed him with FF and the Cobra Security troopers he is pretty sweet.

Ripcord
03-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Did you happen to punch the DPCI into a redbox and see if they had anything in the back?
I'm wondering if they will see anything over the next few days.

I had the guy working there punch it up in his scanner and he said there were zero in stock. just 8 empty pegs.

kilowatt
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Saw Air Tight this morning at Moraine Walmart. Also I noticed that there are less Storm Shadows on ebay this week than last.

Ripcord
03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I still need to find a Storm Shadow. I have not been able to track this guy down.

kilowatt
03-26-2012, 12:20 PM
At the moment Storm Shadows price has come down a little on ebay.

BIGJIM
03-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Brunswick Walgreens still has a Tunnel Rat, a few Ripcords, an L&O, and an Airtight.

Bildar76
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
At the moment Storm Shadows price has come down a little on ebay.

I knew I waited too long to sell my extra 3!!!

kilowatt
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I knew I waited too long to sell my extra 3!!!

I think it is going to go back up in price.

Laser Viper
03-26-2012, 08:50 PM
For those who stop at Krogers or Kroger Market Place to shop for Joes, they're too raising prices of Joes. I stopped by a Krogers on the way home to pick up some IG's and price went from $6.79 to $7.99! Lucky, i had to haggle with the cashier cause the new price wasn't on the peg yet but it came up when i scan it going through self-check out. Anyway, just waiting on Walmarts to raise their prices next.

Smokebomb
03-26-2012, 08:53 PM
If kroger scans wrong it should be free. Check at the service desk if it happens again. They call it the scan right guarantee. Unless they changed it.

Python_Puckman
03-26-2012, 10:22 PM
If kroger scans wrong it should be free. Check at the service desk if it happens again. They call it the scan right guarantee. Unless they changed it.

This is true. The first item is supposed to be free and any additional at the correct price. I don't recall if that is just for food items or any merchandise. I just can't see it working on furniture or stuff like that.

Laser Viper
03-27-2012, 08:05 AM

I didn't know this, and thanks for letting me know, ill have to go back and to see if I can get my money back for at least one of my IG's i bought.

woofmanz
03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
did see Sunday a lifeline and airtight at tru in elyria

Ripcord
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Bildar76,
do you still have any extra SS's? If so let me know please.
Thanks,

Smokebomb
03-27-2012, 09:39 AM
I didn't know this, and thanks for letting me know, ill have to go back and to see if I can get my money back for at least one of my IG's i bought.

I would imagine it has to be the same day it was purchased. If you leave it gives them a chance to figure it out before you come back. You can look up the policy online.

BIGJIM
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
did see Sunday a lifeline and airtight at tru in elyria

Damn. I almost stopped there Saturday.
I've yet to see Lifeline and I'll probably buy him when I do.

ResoluteBAT
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Nothing new in my local Target and Kroger, except a Sci-Fi, which was tempting... But nah. Would have picked up a Lifeline though.

I wish those Techno-Vipers were still around.

Ripcord
03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Techno Vipers were are TRU in Mayfield, OH. I saw 2 of them last week. have not been back this week.

hubrisin
03-28-2012, 09:06 AM
One each of Airtight, LL, Zombie and Techno at Kroger on West Broad in Hillard. No SS, I left the Zombie with the better card on the pegs.

Laser Viper
03-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Picked up 2 more Zombie Vipers this morning at Krogers! $7.49 each with Kroger card and they have 3 Air-Tights and 1 Techno-Viper.

Laser Viper
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM
This maybe somewhat late to mention, but im looking for more Cobra Troopers (blue shirts) and Vipers for my army. If anyone sees them, send me a PM please.

BIGJIM
03-30-2012, 07:32 AM
This maybe somewhat late to mention, but im looking for more Cobra Troopers (blue shirts) and Vipers for my army. If anyone sees them, send me a PM please.

Not sure where in Ohio you are but DrugMart in Brunswick had both last time I was there (two weeks ago).
$8.99 a piece.

Cobra80
03-30-2012, 08:02 AM

I went on a Toy Hunt last night:

CVS on FarHills: 30th Cobra Viper and POC Alley Viper $15.99
Wal-Mart Dayton Mall: 7 Renegades CC and 1 Renegades FF,
Target Dayton Mall: Scarlett, Ripcord CC FF
Toys R Us Dayton Mall: Rennegades Trooper, 4 Techno Vipers, and a 30th Cobra Officer (*Laser Viper*)
Meijer by the Dayton Mall: Ripcord Renegades

Bildar76
03-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Just to let anyone who doesn't know...
Larry Hama will be at the Wright State Show this weekend. Its usually pretty good. Got a Flagg there a few years ago for $125!!!

www.gemcitycomiccon.com

ResoluteBAT
03-30-2012, 09:32 AM
My Kroger put out another Sci-Fi and Lifeline.

I wonder when L&O is going to be put out? Should also be a second Techno Viper too..

My Walmart only have a Renegades Scarlett and POC Dusty.

TRU only had the usually Renegades stuff and Hazard Viper.

If anyone in the Tristate knows where there are some Vipers, RAH Style Cobra Troopers, Techno-Vipers, and maybe a Steel Brigade let me know.

Laser Viper
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I went on a Toy Hunt last night:

CVS on FarHills: 30th Cobra Viper and POC Alley Viper $15.99
Wal-Mart Dayton Mall: 7 Renegades CC and 1 Renegades FF,
Target Dayton Mall: Scarlett, Ripcord CC FF
Toys R Us Dayton Mall: Rennegades Trooper, 4 Techno Vipers, and a 30th Cobra Officer (*Laser Viper*)
Meijer by the Dayton Mall: Ripcord Renegades

Cool! thanks for the info Cobra80.

BIGJIM
03-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Walgreens in Strongsville has a Steel Brigade if anyone cares.

Cobra80
03-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Just to let anyone who doesn't know...
Larry Hama will be at the Wright State Show this weekend. Its usually pretty good. Got a Flagg there a few years ago for $125!!!

Gem City Comic Con - GCCC (http://www.gemcitycomiccon.com)

Nope sorry, I just found out tonight that he will not be attending due to being sick. I was looking forward to meeting him, but looks like he won't be able to attend 8(

kilowatt
03-30-2012, 09:27 PM

I wish these were still easy to find, looking for them also.

Laser Viper
04-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Well only picked up a Sting Raider MIB from a friend for around $20! not much else out there. I've seen SB, Techno-vipers, and some places have 4 to 5 Air-Tights on the peg. Still looking for cobra trooper, Vipers and more IG's for army building until the new stuff breaks.

BIGJIM
04-02-2012, 08:11 AM
I wish these were still easy to find, looking for them also.

I saw a Cobra Trooper (blue shirt) at the Berea Walgreens the other day. They also have a BOGO1/2 sale going on this week.

Not sure how far away you are or if that helps at all, most of you guys just have "Ohio" listed as your location.
Any chance you could be a little more specific in your locations so I know if I'm offering relevant info?
Thanks.

Ripcord
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I saw a Cobra Trooper (blue shirt) at the Berea Walgreens the other day. They also have a BOGO1/2 sale going on this week.

Not sure how far away you are or if that helps at all, most of you guys just have "Ohio" listed as your location.
Any chance you could be a little more specific in your locations so I know if I'm offering relevant info?
Thanks.

Hey BIGJIM, I'm in NE Ohio also, Parma Heights.

kilowatt
04-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, I'm in the Dayton area.

BIGJIM
04-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Hey BIGJIM, I'm in NE Ohio also, Parma Heights.

Sweet.
I'm actually in the Brunswick/Medina area but I work in Cleveland so I actively hunt Great Northern, Berea, Strongsville, Lakewood, Medina, and everything in between (occasionally).
I usually avoid Parmatown since it's over run with other collectors.

iDzBowl
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm in Parma, the Parma Heights Drug Mart has figures for $8.99. They had a Cobra Soldier and a couple others there. I went out a couple weeks ago and I could have sworn they were $6.99 there and they had a bigger selection. If anyone around me knows where I can find a place that sells Citadal paint, that would be sweet. I frequent Parma Hobby and Hobby Lobby in Mentor, they carry Tamiya and Model Masters, but no Citadal.

BIGJIM
04-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm in the Dayton area.

If you want, I can grab you that Cobra Trooper.
As log as you don't mind paying Walgreens' prices plus shipping of course. I could try to take advantage of the sale but I'm pretty sure all they had in addition to the trooper was a few Cobra Commanders.

Lmk.

kilowatt
04-03-2012, 01:14 AM
If you want, I can grab you that Cobra Trooper.
As log as you don't mind paying Walgreens' prices plus shipping of course. I could try to take advantage of the sale but I'm pretty sure all they had in addition to the trooper was a few Cobra Commanders.

Lmk.

No worries, I am probably actually more than good on them, but thanks for the offer. Lazer is looking though, he might want it.

kilowatt
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I stopped by the Meijer in Kettering today and they were completely out of Joes, even the ROC Baroness figure that has been there forever was gone.

Ford
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
The Target in Parma has some blank labels on the pegs where it used to say G.I. Joe. Don't know if thats good or bad.

YONROG
04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Walgreens in Medina had a Cobra trooper, W130th and Boston had a Steel Brigade, York and Sprague had a Renegades Trooper. I can never find 2 I want at the same store to take advantage of the sale :(

PS I'm in Brunswick Hi neighbors!

BIGJIM
04-06-2012, 08:02 AM

Same here!
Hey neighbor!

BIGJIM
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
The Target in Parma has some blank labels on the pegs where it used to say G.I. Joe. Don't know if thats good or bad.

I might have to steal your avatar some day.

Ripcord
04-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Walgreens in Medina had a Cobra trooper, W130th and Boston had a Steel Brigade, York and Sprague had a Renegades Trooper. I can never find 2 I want at the same store to take advantage of the sale :(

Hello neighbor. Parma Hts here.

Ripcord
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Sweet.
I'm actually in the Brunswick/Medina area but I work in Cleveland so I actively hunt Great Northern, Berea, Strongsville, Lakewood, Medina, and everything in between (occasionally).
I usually avoid Parmatown since it's over run with other collectors.
I usually go to Parma, North Olmsted, Eylria, and Lorain to pick up Joes.

Ripcord
04-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I was there recently and asked a worker about that and they mentioned that new GI JOE figures are coming. I think he may have been talking about the movie figures.

BIGJIM
04-06-2012, 10:08 AM
I wonder if Strongsville WM will bother to even stock them.
They're still sitting on empty pegs (since January now) and have almost 80 (yes, I counted) ROC figures on 'clearance' for $7 a piece.

hubrisin
04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
W 130th West Park area was my old stomping ground!

YONROG
04-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I usually go to Parma, North Olmsted, Eylria, and Lorain to pick up Joes.

I do too. I tend to have good luck in Elyria...

YONROG
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I wonder if Strongsville WM will bother to even stock them.
They're still sitting on empty pegs (since January now) and have almost 80 (yes, I counted) ROC figures on 'clearance' for $7 a piece.

Mostly Covergirl and Helix....

Ford
04-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I might have to steal your avatar some day.

Hahaha, well theft is the most sincere form of flattery, right?

When I get time I'll try to make some other Browns themed ones and dump them in here for anybody that wants one.

BIGJIM
04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I do too. I tend to have good luck in Elyria...

Elyria is always a good spot to hunt.

Hahaha, well theft is the most sincere form of flattery, right?

When I get time I'll try to make some other Browns themed ones and dump them in here for anybody that wants one.

Awesome, thanks!

azoric
04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
so I want to revisit the discussion about this Columbus toy show next week?

Laser Viper
04-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Well guys, i haven't seen much out there. pretty much Target and Meijers pegs are getting empty, walmarts is bland so i guess, nothing to look forward too except the Retaliation line in May.

BIGJIM
04-09-2012, 10:02 AM
nothing to look forward too except the Retaliation line in May.

....and if the current price point ($10.99 at Target) doesn't come down, I won't be looking forward to that line at all .......until there's a sale.

kilowatt
04-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Can't see much to get excited about for the Retaliation line, but I am looking forward to the movie. Pick up two cobra troopers at TRU by the Dayton mall today, so I am guessing Storm Shadow hit again.

Laser Viper
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
....and if the current price point ($10.99 at Target) doesn't come down, I won't be looking forward to that line at all .......until there's a sale.

Hey, the only thing i can say about the $10.99 price at target for joes, is skip target and buy'em at walmart, if they keep them at $6.97 each.

Laser Viper
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Can't see much to get excited about for the Retaliation line, but I am looking forward to the movie. Pick up two cobra troopers at TRU by the Dayton mall today, so I am guessing Storm Shadow hit again.

Cool grab on the Cobra Troopers, wish i could find some.

ResoluteBAT
04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Wish we'd see more Blueshirts here and Techno-Viper that aren't 10.99 a piece. :/

Shame the Viper isn't around, I'd be buying a lot of those.

Ripcord
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
so I want to revisit the discussion about this Columbus toy show next week?

Ill be going to Columbus, hope to see you there.

BIGJIM
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey, the only thing i can say about the $10.99 price at target for joes, is skip target and buy'em at walmart, if they keep them at $6.97 each.

I would, if Walmart would bother to stock them.
Of the three stores nearest me, two have 'distribution/shipping' issues and the other doesn't even have pegspace allocated.

Laser Viper
04-10-2012, 06:38 AM
I would, if Walmart would bother to stock them.
Of the three stores nearest me, two have 'distribution/shipping' issues and the other doesn't even have pegspace allocated.

I feel your pain, but Target doesn't do the greatest job either, where i live and walmart has had the same figures since Jan of this year! but in return the super walmart nearest to me is 25% smaller than a regular super walmart, so because of the lack of space might be the reason of no new Joes yet. But i will have to say this walmart was the first to get the Black Dragon VTOL and the VAMP II in and then finally the Crimson HISS Tank. I thought retail stores try to compete with prices, but so far walmarts is winning, IF the price stays where it is. with TRU @ $9.99 and Target @ $10.99 for a standard figure, who knows whats next.

Ripcord
04-10-2012, 07:09 AM
TRU in Parma has still has 2 Crimson Hisstanks and Sky Strikers.

BIGJIM
04-10-2012, 07:50 AM
with TRU @ $9.99 and Target @ $10.99 for a standard figure, who knows whats next.

Unfortunately, it means Walmart will probably be at $9.96 by May.

:(

BIGJIM
04-10-2012, 07:51 AM
TRU in Parma has still has 2 Crimson Hisstanks and Sky Strikers.

The way Skystrikers are littering the shelves at pretty much every Target, I may actually grab one once they hit clearance.

nova
04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
In case you need the info for the Columbus Toy Show this weekend.
April 15, 2012
Sunday 9am to 3pm

Veterans Memorial
300 West Broad St.
West Hall

Admission $5.00 each per day
$8.00 each for Early Buyer
Admission at 8:00 am.

Also, the Johio Group is having our monthly Dinner Meet this Wednesday, at the Cuyahoga Falls Eat n Park.
The Official JOhio G.I. Joe Collectors' Club • View topic - monthly dinner April 11 2012 (sorry for the late post) (http://johio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2509)
All are welcome to join us.

Ripcord
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Again I'll be at the Columbus Toy show this Sunday. I'll post later in the week what I'll wear to the show, so if you see me please stop me and say hi. I always love to meet a fellow Tanker. Would love to talk GI JOE with another fan.
Thanks,

Python_Puckman
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Good news and bad news. The Walmart on Redbank Road now has 4 pegs for Joes... all empty though. Last time I was there, probably 2 months ago, they had 0 pegs, so things are improving at least

Laser Viper
04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Good news and bad news. The Walmart on Redbank Road now has 4 pegs for Joes... all empty though. Last time I was there, probably 2 months ago, they had 0 pegs, so things are improving at least

Is the pegs for movie figs or 30th? and yes 4 is better than Zero.

thejoker
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
i will be having a yard sale at 12516 rt68 bethel ohio in the blue barn
thursday and friday i will have sum gijoe and games and movies for sale

Ford
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm going to start leaving notes saying "WE WANT G.I. JOE!" on every empty peg I see.

Laser Viper
04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
I picked up a cobra trooper (blue shirt) at a local CVS. bad news is i paid $9.99 for him! man this sucks!! I hope hasblo hears our pain about this. I wonder what hasbro would do if no one bought anything, including Transformers and Starwars????

Python_Puckman
04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Is the pegs for movie figs or 30th? and yes 4 is better than Zero.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the price, but I remember one of the tags saying "GI Joe Ripcord", so I'm guessing they are for the 30th.

I'm going to start leaving notes saying "WE WANT G.I. JOE!" on every empty peg I see.

Haha! It can't hurt. I'm getting real sick of finding nothing. How nice must it be to have the variety and quantity that the SW collectors get.

BIGJIM
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
How nice must it be to have the variety and quantity that the SW collectors get.

I'm a SW guy.
Yeah, staring at the same figure assortment (TPM) since February and all those inferior Discover the Force figures no one (not even kids) wants is a real treat.

ResoluteBAT
04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm a SW guy.
Yeah, staring at the same figure assortment (TPM) since February and all those inferior Discover the Force figures no one (not even kids) wants is a real treat.
Same here, I'm seeing more GI Joe variety than Star Wars anymore.

I wish there would be another wave of 30th so we'd have something new to buy.

I don't see much if any of my money going to Retaliation.

ResoluteBAT
04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
You're in my area. I go to Red Bank a lot myself.

It's actually where I found POC Wave 3 awhile back and got my first Techno-Viper.

Though last time I was there they had 2 or 4 pegs, can't recall, but had Renegades Scarlett and POC Dusty.

Ripcord
04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I have not seen anything but Cobra Commander and empty pegs in my area.

Laser Viper
04-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I have not seen anything but Cobra Commander and empty pegs in my area.

Samething in my area, but i have started to see a few Air-Tights here and there, not many though. So far its Ren CC, Techno-Vipers, some Steel Brigades, not much else.

Ripcord
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I cant wait for the new stuff. I would like to see some more 30th figures before movie figures but anything new would be welcomed.

Laser Viper
04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I cant wait for the new stuff. I would like to see some more 30th figures before movie figures but anything new would be welcomed.

I have a gut wrenching feeling that there's of stock of waves 3 and 4 laying around or overlooked in a warehouse and will be put out at the same time as the Retaliation figures.

Ripcord
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I have a gut wrenching feeling that there's of stock of waves 3 and 4 laying around or overlooked in a warehouse and will be put out at the same time as the Retaliation figures.
That would work for me. Best of both worlds.

Laser Viper
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
That would work for me. Best of both worlds.

Same here and finding Ren SS might be easier.

Ripcord
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I still need a SS. I hope to get one soon. Maybe I'll have luck at the Columbus toy show this Sunday.

Python_Puckman
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm a SW guy.

Hmm, really? Well, I'm at least glad we have someone to commiserate with. All I ever notice is pegs full of figures, not really the variety. I only buy the rainbow of stormtrooper versions anyway

Ripcord
04-11-2012, 12:12 PM

I'm a SW guy.

I collect SW too.

BIGJIM
04-11-2012, 12:28 PM

...and hopefully they show up at FiveBelow, TJ Maxx, or Marc's. :)

Hmm, really? Well, I'm at least glad we have someone to commiserate with. All I ever notice is pegs full of figures, not really the variety. I only buy the rainbow of stormtrooper versions anyway

Yeah, the pegs look nice and are generally full, they're just full of sh&#.
The crappy case assortments usually lead to the one or two desirable figures in each case getting picked up by 8:05 am, leaving multiples of repacks and carry forwards to sit there for a few months.

kilowatt
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Wishful thinking, this line wasn't produced in huge numbers like the 25th or ROC. I think what we see on the shelves right now is probably it till the movie stuff hits.

Laser Viper
04-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Nabbed a Steel Brigade figure from a local Kroger MP yesterday, price WAS $6.78 a few weeks back, regular price is $7.99, now $7.49 with Kroger card and i didnt have to pay tax either after having trouble with the self-check out register.

BIGJIM
04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Those of you with Meijer stores near you go TODAY.

A guy I know on rebelscum found wave one in Indianapolis this morning. He's good for it, no BS.

Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition - Page 379 (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t972852-379/#post18789943)

Laser Viper
04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Those of you with Meijer stores near you go TODAY.

A guy I know on rebelscum found wave one in Indianapolis this morning. He's good for it, no BS.

Recent Acquisitions - Yo Joe Edition - Page 379 (http://forum.rebelscum.com/t972852-379/#post18789943)

Heading to my local Meijers right after work!! will be there in a few!! Thanks and cant believe that their out already!!

BIGJIM
04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Btw....looking around the internet, he wasn't the only one to find them.
If anyone sees a SW VC96 Darth Malgus while at Meijer, grab me one or two will ya?
Thanks!

Laser Viper
04-13-2012, 07:33 PM
nothing at local meijers! damn it!

ceraurus
04-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I checked a couple and came up empty.

iDzBowl
04-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm in Sandusky and I just found a Renegades SS at the local TRU. There were three techno vipers, 2 cobra soldiers, 4 cobra troopers, and a couple hazard vipes still there. I jumped in the aisle when I saw the SS on the front peg!

Cobra80
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
So the Meijer in Indy put out a case of Retaliation figures. I am thinking this was an error on Meijer. I didn't think these were hitting for another month.

I went to a couple Meijer and 1 store didn't have any figures on the pegs. I would think if they had them more Meijer would stock them. Kudos to the guy in Indy.

I just want to buy Rock/Roadblock and Bruce Joe Colton Willis.

saundo11
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
saw the movie figures today at a meijers in findlay......picked up the joe soldier.

Laser Viper
04-14-2012, 07:26 AM
I might be hitting a few Meijers down south of Dayton after work today, but no promises. I have a feeling if these movie figures have a street date and Meijers put them out before that date, I'm sure this Meijer store will be fined and paying a fee for breaking that street date. A TRU in beavercreek did this with Transformers about 2 years ago and they had to pay a $10,000 fine for breaking that date and thats what the manager told me.

Poopandscoop
04-14-2012, 09:21 AM
I talked to the store manager and he said each store is showing one to two cases in the inventory.

Poopandscoop
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
He sent me an unopened case overnight. Should be here tomorrow.

Poopandscoop
04-14-2012, 09:27 AM
The whole wave for under seven a pop.

Ripcord
04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm in Sandusky and I just found a Renegades SS at the local TRU. There were three techno vipers, 2 cobra soldiers, 4 cobra troopers, and a couple hazard vipes still there. I jumped in the aisle when I saw the SS on the front peg!

I think I would do the same, great score.

KuuKuuSon
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Poopandscoop, congrats. I would love to hear more about this because as of yesterday (and my research) the southern half of ohio didn't have anything. And while I've never tried, I've never heard of any retail store overnighting product to a customer in a state with none of their stores. If that's possible, that opens a lot of doors for states with no Rosses. Any insight would be a great help.

Cobra80
04-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Poopandscoop, congrats. I would love to hear more about this because as of yesterday (and my research) the southern half of ohio didn't have anything. And while I've never tried, I've never heard of any retail store overnighting product to a customer in a state with none of their stores. If that's possible, that opens a lot of doors for states with no Rosses. Any insight would be a great help.

Well I tried doing this when Ross Dress for Less was getting in the 7 pack DOCI and AOCI. I called Ross stores in PA, Texas, Virignia and spoke to several Store Managers at each store telling them my problem with not having a store in Ohio. I asked if I could could send them a Post Office MO and several other payment options.

Each Ross store told me the same thing. If you don't have a Ross store in Ohio We can't and Won't send merchandise by mail. They even went on to say even if I had a Ross store in Dayton and Cincy. The Dayton store had no 7 packs but the Cincy store did. The Store Manager said they still would not ship merchandise out of the store.

BIGJIM
04-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Hrrmmmm.
Just joined last month and is posting BS in the Ohio thread from Atlanta.
I sense some possible trolling.

Cobra80
04-14-2012, 10:37 AM
He sent me an unopened case overnight. Should be here tomorrow.

I worked at Meijer for several years, Toy Dept included and have Never heard of a store Overnighting a case of product. Unless they have changed their store policy in the last year or two.

Good score

BIGJIM
04-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Like I said.....

Cobra80
04-14-2012, 10:48 AM
So I have contacted the following Meijer stores this morning and spoke with each Store Director:

Beavercreek Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight.

Newark Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight

Findlay Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight

Huber Heights Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight

Middletown Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight

Springfield Store Director: They do not sell cases of action figures and ship overnight

What I did find out is that if the Meijer website has action figures they can ship them to a particular store for Free. Then the Customer has to come and purchase them in the store. The Meijer store itself Will Not ship sealed cases of product from the store to a customer. All of the store mangers have said this is company policy.

Cobra80
04-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Meijer in Beavercreek and Kettering I checked this morning:
No Movie figures on shelf or in back
I called back to Middletown and called Troy Meijer and employee checked floor and backroom and No Movie figures

Cobra80
04-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Well in the name of WWE wrestler Ron Simmons DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!

I just walked into the Meijer by the Dayton Mall the 4-5 pegs WERE full of Gi Joe Retaliation figures. The only ones left were Red Ninja, SS and CC.

There was another guy who got their before me who had about 8-12 in his hand. My son really wanted a Snake Eyes and the guy was cool enough to offer my son the SE. After a few minutes my son found some DC figures and wanted those instead 8(

So I gave the guy back the SE. But I walked away with Red Ninja, SS and Cobra Commander

Ripcord
04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
All you lucky guys with a Meijer store in your area. No such luck here, I'll have to wait for Target, Walmart or TRU.

KuuKuuSon
04-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow, Dayton mall moves fast, I was just there early this morning and nothing :s

Laser Viper
04-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I was just there at the Meijers by the Dayton mall yesterday and only 2 Renegades figures and nothing else. Oh well, there coming out soon enough, not wasting gas running all over and back not finding anything. This just gives me time to save more money for the actual release date.

azoric
04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Dublin Meijer had the new figs this morning.

I picked up Roadblock, Zartan and Cobra Commander
Left Duke, Joe Trooper, Cobra Trooper, red ninja, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes

Also thee's a meijer on Hamilton Rd in New Albany that has a huge lot of RoC figs still!

BIGJIM
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Closest Meijer to me is 60 miles away.
I'll wait, thanks.

Ford
04-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Same here. I want a bunch of the figures, but they won't be hard to find a month from now.

thejoker
04-14-2012, 06:55 PM
the estate Meijer had the retalion joes i got cobra cammander
and duke today

Kaisugi
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Westerville (Columbus) Meijer had the newest pegwarmers - Roadblock, CC and Duke. Many Many Many of them. No sign of the other figs in the wave, someone else is happy today.
More to the point... Is this another in the fine tradition of wave 1 turkeys blocking pegs for any future waves?

Laser Viper
04-15-2012, 09:39 AM
and duke today

Thanks for the pic! I really like CC, dont care for Duke though.

ceraurus
04-15-2012, 10:23 AM
and duke today

Drove down there later to see what was still there--only Roadblock left, which I picked up for some customs. I'm pretty bummed about the lack of ankle articulation, because otherwise the figure looks reasonably good.

ceraurus
04-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Also, I noticed the pegs are labeled GI Joe movie figures, but when I scanned the barcode on the peg tag with my phone it came up with ROC figures. Guess they're just using the same tags that have been up for a while.

azoric
04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone else go to the Columbus toy show today? I think I did briefly talk to a few tankers. I assume anyone who knew their joes visits here.

Anyway got some killer deals on some loose figs complete but no file cards.

ResoluteBAT
04-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Anyone in the TriState area know where I can get a Law and Order?

I could use a tip or two.

iDzBowl
04-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I was there, got some great scores. Some dude was selling 25ths and POC's pretty cheap. I scored a bunch of them before another vendor came by and bought them all up. It was definitely more crowded this time than the last, but it was cool. Got a chance to see the new movie figures. The dude that wrote the 90's joe guide was there with them. Lot's of cool people and great stuff. My personal favorite (same as last year) was that one dude that makes those killer dios. He had the Temple of Doom one that blew me away. Also, the guy that air brushed the giant transformers, those were cool as heck!

lokiatc
04-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I was there. Had an awesome time.

samantha
04-16-2012, 12:25 AM
It sounds like the Toy show was pretty good this year. I wish I could have attended. This is the last 3 weeks of Nursing school for the semester so I have to keep hitting the books.

Laser Viper
04-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I wanted to go to the toy show, but other things came up at the last minute, but im sure there will be more shows to come. I did score two more 30th IG's for Destro and got them for $5.00 each at a Kroger Market place in Middletown and they was mispriced and mislable as Green Latern figures! Figure that one out.

Ripcord
04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
I went to the Columbus Toy show, scored some vintage loose O-ring figures and issue one of the GI JOE Magazine from 1985. The author of the Book mentioned above was James Kavanaugh, spoke to him for a while and he was a great guy to talk to. Had a blast.

hubrisin
04-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Another great show again, scored a X-19 with the box for $60, I'm going to do my custom treatment to it again! Scored an MMS system for $3 and a Glider Viper file card for $3, by far one of the best shows I've been to. The June show will be smaller but is well worth the time, Chris and Roma are there so the Joe's will be well represented.

KuuKuuSon
04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
It was a great time to set up again and great to meet everyone and hang out! I look forward to the next show!

Laser Viper
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, another toy show in June huh? Keeping that window of opportunity open this time.

ceraurus
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Went to the Hamilton Meijer--no Retaliation figs but I did get a ZV.

Laser Viper
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM

Not a total loss i would say.

ceraurus
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Not a total loss i would say.

Not at all, especially since that was the first one I found retail.

azoric
04-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I was there, got some great scores. Some dude was selling 25ths and POC's pretty cheap. I scored a bunch of them before another vendor came by and bought them all up. It was definitely more crowded this time than the last, but it was cool. Got a chance to see the new movie figures. The dude that wrote the 90's joe guide was there with them. Lot's of cool people and great stuff. My personal favorite (same as last year) was that one dude that makes those killer dios. He had the Temple of Doom one that blew me away. Also, the guy that air brushed the giant transformers, those were cool as heck!

Are you talking about the guy with the big bin of loose figures with all their accessories in individual bags?

I scored a 2009 Comicon James McCullen in there as well as some other hard-to-find figures!

azoric
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM

Do they still have a stockpile of RoC figs?

I scored 2 ZV's up the street at the walgreens a few weeks ago. Payed 10.99 each which kind of hurt!

canadiandawg
04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey guys... I know this isn't the BST board but I live in New Philadelphia, Ohio and wanted to throw out that I'm looking to dramatically reduce my collection.. I'm just looking to sell the extras that I have. I've been collecting extra since the introduction of 25th. I am making a word document of the ones that I have and wish to sell. If you are looking for anyone in particular, let me know and what your comfortable paying.. Most of the 25th are in protectors.

hubrisin
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
If you have ARAH stuff I'm totally interested.

Joebern28
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Stopped in the Elyria toys r us today, and nothing totally new. But they did have all the renegades figs including SS. Only one of him but I left him for anyone interested.

Python_Puckman
04-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey guys... I know this isn't the BST board but I live in New Philadelphia, Ohio and wanted to throw out that I'm looking to dramatically reduce my collection.. I'm just looking to sell the extras that I have. I've been collecting extra since the introduction of 25th. I am making a word document of the ones that I have and wish to sell. If you are looking for anyone in particular, let me know and what your comfortable paying.. Most of the 25th are in protectors.

I'd be interested in seeing that list. Definitely post it when you have it ready.

Stopped in the Elyria toys r us today, and nothing totally new. But they did have all the renegades figs including SS. Only one of him but I left him for anyone interested.

That's like walking past a $40 bill :) I hope someone here was lucky enough to get it.

ceraurus
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Do they still have a stockpile of RoC figs?

I scored 2 ZV's up the street at the walgreens a few weeks ago. Payed 10.99 each which kind of hurt!

I can't fully remember, but I think it was like other Meijers I have been to where there are one or two RoC Destros and/or Baronesses. I think there was a Techno-Viper and a Hazard Viper, and probably a couple of Renegades figs like Scarlett and Ripcord. I'm not really certain because all the Meijers are starting to blur together at this point!

Joebern28
04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
That's like walking past a $40 bill :) I hope someone here was lucky enough to get it.

Meh, I didnt really need the fig and have been burned selling to others here, so I figured I would leave it on the pegs and somebody else could benefit from me posting that it was there. Call it my good deed for the day.

horrowshow
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a few cheap Joe figures in Columbus. I checked a Marshalls and TJ Maxx near Bethel and they had nothing. My son and I are going to try our hand and customizing together. I'd rather start cheap instead of paying more for a newer fig. He really wants to repack it and hang it in his room. Thanks

Ripcord
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
man, I so need (want) this figure. I would have paid you for it.

ResoluteBAT
04-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Retail in the Tri-State area is starting to get a little disappointing.

Nothing new, no one's stocking, can't find Law and Order, or even a Zombie Viper, NOTHING!

Just the regular worthless pegwarmers. The only interesting thing is a Sci-Fi...

thejoker
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I can't fully remember, but I think it was like other Meijers I have been to where there are one or two RoC Destros and/or Baronesses. I think there was a Techno-Viper and a Hazard Viper, and probably a couple of Renegades figs like Scarlett and Ripcord. I'm not really certain because all the Meijers are starting to blur together at this point!

that's more than they have at the estate Meijers

thejoker
04-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a few cheap Joe figures in Columbus. I checked a Marshalls and TJ Maxx near Bethel and they had nothing. My son and I are going to try our hand and customizing together. I'd rather start cheap instead of paying more for a newer fig. He really wants to repack it and hang it in his room. Thanks

the Mount Orab kroger has some for $8.00 butt thats the cheapest
i have seen them

azoric
04-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Columbus discount joes are getting rare with the RoC stockpile dwindling (I'm probably to blame).

I did see a couple at the Tuesday Morning on Bethel (near KMart) last week.

There's also a Tuesday Morning on Mill Run in Hilliard, but I haven't been there in a while and it's a crapshoot what's there.

The TJ Maxx on Henderson has been my go-to place for cheap Joes, their toy department is usually pretty well stocked.

Also keep an eye on the Toys R Us sales. When they do Hasbro buy 2 get one free that's a good deal. Usually comes up every other month or so.

I scored some awesome deals at the Columbus Toy Show... but you're looking at another year until that rolls around again.

Your best bet of getting lots of custom parts quick is probably eBay looking for a loose lot of figures.

Joebern28
04-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I cant find a damn thing in the Sandusky area most times. I preorder all my stuff from BBTS or I would have missed out on a bunch. My WM, TRU, Target, and Meijer havent had anything in ages, but did a run today most did have empty pegs that look like they're expecting.

azoric
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
no activity in the whole state for a few days?

kilowatt
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I haven't seen anything note worthy in a while. Not really feeling the movie figs, but I will be all over the "Discount Store" Joes when they hit. I want a bunch of that cobra trooper/officer.

CCSpidey81
04-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Hey all. I Haven't been on the Tank in a long time, but the new movie figs and this crazy-awesome basic series has got me sucked back into finishing my collection.

Which brings me to my question. Has anyone recently seen a ROC Breaker in stores hanging around? Thanks.

Laser Viper
04-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Left out of state this past weekend and didnt seen anything new down south or in the Carolina's, but i did grab two more IG's to complete my heavy weapons squad for Destro.

thejoker
04-24-2012, 08:44 PM
i got a Renegades Storm Shadow

evilash529
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Just stopped at the kenwood toysrus and the had a full case of wave 3 including renegades ss. Didn't need any so there all still there.

Ripcord
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
i got a Renegades Storm Shadow for trade
and i want a Zarana YOJOE.COM | Zarana (http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/zarana5a.shtml)
for it

Which one did you want? "Primary Deco" or a "Cold Slither Variant Deco".

thejoker
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Which one did you want? "Primary Deco" or a "Cold Slither Variant Deco".

Primary Deco

BIGJIM
04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
"Cold Slither Variant Deco".

Do you have an extra?
I might be interested, how much?

Python_Puckman
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey all. I Haven't been on the Tank in a long time, but the new movie figs and this crazy-awesome basic series has got me sucked back into finishing my collection.

Which brings me to my question. Has anyone recently seen a ROC Breaker in stores hanging around? Thanks.

Even at the height of ROC, I never saw a Breaker in the wild. Thankfully, I had no interest in him anyway :)

CCSpidey81
04-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Just stopped at the kenwood toysrus and the had a full case of wave 3 including renegades ss. Didn't need any so there all still there.

I've never seen a Renegades SS anywhere near the Canton area. I've been looking for one for my friend Ryan, for his birthday in May.

Python_Puckman
04-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Batavia Walmart and TRU have jack and sh!t, in that order

Rodimus88
04-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Retaliation has hit NKY. Got Roadblock, SE and SS this am at Meijer.

kilowatt
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
I checked around a bit today, but found nothing exciting.

BIGJIM
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Brunswick Drug Mart put out a case of wave 4 today so i picked up the Lifeline.
Still two bucks cheaper than Target.

Oh yeah, both Zombies, Sci-Fi, Airtight, etc. are all still up there if anyone is interested and in the area.
$8.99 a piece.

Python_Puckman
04-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Retaliation has hit NKY. Got Roadblock, SE and SS this am at Meijer.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip. Now I need to make a detour after church tomorrow :)

I hope this means that the discount store sets will be appearing soon too

BIGJIM
04-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Brunswick Drug Mart put out a case of wave 4 today so i picked up the Lifeline.
Still two bucks cheaper than Target.

Oh yeah, both Zombies, Sci-Fi, Airtight, etc. are all still up there if anyone is interested and in the area.
$8.99 a piece.

I went back yesterday and grabbed the two Zombies.
The rest were still there.

Laser Viper
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Look around abit over the weekend and didnt see anything. I assume things are drying up and will be ready for the Retaliation figures.

Ripcord
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Has anyone in the greater Cleveland OH area found the movie figures? If so where?

BIGJIM
04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I haven't heard of anyone in Ohio finding them outside of Meijer's, and their most northern location is Mansfield.

Ripcord
04-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Same here BIGJIM, no Meijer's here in Cleveland. I'm waiting to find them at Target or TRU maybe a Wal-Mart. LOL

Bildar76
04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Found one Retaliation Duke at Mejiers. Thats it.

I did find the Schliech Animal Nursery that people ahve been using for the Deardnok Swamp Base. Been looking for it for years. Dayton Mall Toys R Us finally had it.

Laser Viper
05-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Anyone know when the 4 Dollar store figures gonna hit? And is that at General Dollar stores or Family Dollar stores to clear up any confusion.

Ripcord
05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure when they are going to hit, as far a I know (from what I've read on line) it will be Dollar General Store. I went in to my local Dollar store last Friday and nothing. They did have some of the Combat Heroes from the movie, and some Marvel Universe figures, but they have no weapons and "looked" different, they looked cheaper. Maybe it's me?

Laser Viper
05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure when they are going to hit, as far a I know (from what I've read on line) it will be Dollar General Store. I went in to my local Dollar store last Friday and nothing. They did have some of the Combat Heroes from the movie, and some Marvel Universe figures, but they have no weapons and "looked" different, they looked cheaper. Maybe it's me?

Hey Rip thanks for the input and ill start checking in about a week or two from now.

Cobra80
05-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Nope it's not just you who thinks the MU Dollar General figures are cheap. They have no articulation. The knees and elbows don't bend.
Reminds me of the old marvel figures from the 80s with the 3D shields.

Cobra80
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone know when the 4 Dollar store figures gonna hit? And is that at General Dollar stores or Family Dollar stores to clear up any confusion.

LV, I did an initial toy hunt for these $ store joes about a week ago.

I went out this past Sunday here is my findings:
$General (I hit all these $General stores. Did not go
To family dollar

Salem ave 0
Wayne Ave 0
3rd St 0
Dixie 0
Main St 0
Needmore road 0
Woodman drive 0
E Dorothy lane 0
E stroop road 0
Springboro pike 0
Salem ave 0
W Alex bell road 0
Brandt pike 0
Kauffman avenue 0
W national road 0
Mcadams drive 0

Laser Viper
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
LV, I did an initial toy hunt for these $ store joes about a week ago.

I went out this past Sunday here is my findings:
$General (I hit all these $General stores. Did not go
To family dollar

Salem ave 0
Wayne Ave 0
3rd St 0
Dixie 0
Main St 0
Needmore road 0
Woodman drive 0
E Dorothy lane 0
E stroop road 0
Springboro pike 0
Salem ave 0
W Alex bell road 0
Brandt pike 0
Kauffman avenue 0
W national road 0
Mcadams drive 0

Thanks for your hard effort Cobra80 and keep us posted.

Python_Puckman
05-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks for your hard effort Cobra80 and keep us posted.

Yes! Great intel

I'm impressed. If it were me, I would have given up after the 5th store. My hat's off to you Cobra80

kilowatt
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM
I think we still have a few more weeks till the dollar store figures hit, but I can't wait.

Laser Viper
05-02-2012, 07:20 AM
I think we still have a few more weeks till the dollar store figures hit, but I can't wait.

yep same here! I want more cobra troopers in the black outfits!

CobraTedMander
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Still looking for Renegades SS, if you see him anywhere just pick him up. We can work something out.

Laser Viper
05-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Still looking for Renegades SS, if you see him anywhere just pick him up. We can work something out.

Dont wanna say he will be impossible to get, but you might stand a better chance with getting the Amazon 4 pack, but thats me.

thejoker
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
the Amazon 4 pack SS is not the same as Renegades SS

CobraTedMander
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
the Amazon 4 pack SS is not the same as Renegades SS

agreed

Joebern28
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Just got done running around Sandusky, Dollar Tree and Big Lots had nothing for the "cheaper" figures. TRU, WM, Meijer had nothing for the movie figs other than empty pegs in prep. But at the Dollar General I found an empty peg for joe figures. Dont know if these were old or possibly newer figures. Price was $3.50, upc 60304, and sku 39710469.

Dont know if this means anything or not, but just throwin it out there.

Ford
05-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I saw some single packed "Combat Heroes", those stupid little cartoonish things at a Dollar General here. That might be what that peg was for.

thejoker
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
that is for the Combat Heroes figs

Joebern28
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
actually said GI Joe Single figure on it. Never been in there before searching the toy aisles so I dont know if its old or new.

thejoker
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Combat Heroes are Single figures at Dollar General

Joebern28
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Combat Heroes are Single figures at Dollar General

Eventho the peg sticker says GI Joe single action figure on it? Thats absolutely retarded that combat heroes would be pegged GI Joe. I took a pic on my phone but cant get it to upload. oh well

thejoker
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Eventho the peg sticker says GI Joe single action figure on it? Thats absolutely retarded that combat heroes would be pegged GI Joe. I took a pic on my phone but cant get it to upload. oh well

yea its the same at my dg

ryogam
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Columbus, Sawmill TRU had two techno-vipers, and one hazard viper as of 5 pm. Also other pegwarmers which I don't remember.

azoric
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Those have been there since saturday when I went on a joe hunt.

I know I'm slacking lately

thejoker
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
meijer in eastgate has 2 renegades cobra troopers
and 1 renegades ripcord

Joebern28
05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
TRU in Sandusky has some of the renegade figs(no SS) and techno vipers

thejoker
05-05-2012, 08:49 AM
town wide yard sales in willamsburg 5 and 6

kilowatt
05-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Found some Retaliation figures this morning at the Meijers in Kettering.

ceraurus
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM
West Chester Target has Renegades figs (CC, Firefly, Scarlett) on clearance for $5-something apiece and Skystrikers for $17-something.

Laser Viper
05-07-2012, 07:15 AM
TRU by the Dayton Mall has 4 or 5 Ren Security Guards and i would at least 5 Techno-Vipers, 1 Black Dragon and 1 Crimson Hiss and not much else.

Hmmm Sky Strikers clearenced for $17.00 huh? Looks like ill have to the one i bought back for full price for a refund and wait for my prices to drop around my area.

BIGJIM
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Saw three Skystrikers for $24 yesterday.
I might be tempted at $17.

Laser Viper
05-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Saw three Skystrikers for $24 yesterday.
I might be tempted at $17.

I took mine back and got full refund, but my local Targets still have them for $34.99, but once they drop to $17.00 ill be buying at least 2 more.

kilowatt
05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
The Sky Strikers go fast at the clearance price. Every Target around here that put them on sale is now sold out. Huber Target still hasn't put them on sale and they have three.

azoric
05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't collect vehicles, but at $17 I'd buy a sky striker!

ceraurus
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Well, all the clearanced items at the West Chester Target (including the Skystrikers) are now gone.

Laser Viper
05-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Don't worry Target will get more in or they have more in the back and the reason i say this, i know SS at two local Targets didnt move very well for Christmas last year, and i have a good feeling SS will be around when the movie figures hit. Actually it would make since to keep the SS around when the new figures hits, so the younger generation can pick up the new stuff and the older can get both new figures and the SS.

kilowatt
05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't worry Target will get more in or they have more in the back and the reason i say this, i know SS at two local Targets didnt move very well for Christmas last year, and i have a good feeling SS will be around when the movie figures hit. Actually it would make since to keep the SS around when the new figures hits, so the younger generation can pick up the new stuff and the older can get both new figures and the SS.

Wait, I'm lost. Why would Target get more stock of something they put on clearance?

CobraTedMander
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Wait, I'm lost. Why would Target get more stock of something they put on clearance?

I still see real steel toys for sale... I don't know what happened but it kinda sounded like a similar thing.

Laser Viper
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM

Hey! I've seen Capt American toys clearanced there and sold out and got more in and the same with the Real Steel toys too! And can't leave out Transformers as well. There's no rhyme or reasons with Target and their method of madness, I just accepted and move on.

Python_Puckman
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM
The Dollar General Joes were spotted just an hour away from me. I know what I'm doing tomorrow :)

thejoker
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
The Dollar General Joes were spotted just an hour away from me. I know what I'm doing tomorrow :)

was it Dollar General or Family Dollar

Python_Puckman
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
It was in Louisville, KY, but didn't say which store. I'm assuming Dollar General

thejoker
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
there a dollar general in willamsburg so i will check it out tomorrow

Python_Puckman
05-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Good luck man. Hope you find something :)

thejoker
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Good luck man. Hope you find something :)

you 2

azoric
05-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Why didn't I check this earlier... Saturday!!!!

SneakyGuinea
05-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Well all Dollar General stores here in Niles Ohio don't have no joes yet.Going to check out more stores tomorrow.

Laser Viper
05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
FYI its all Dollar General Stores, not Family Dollar and ill will be checking after work today and this weekend!

thejoker
05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
no joes in the willamsburg dollar general

kilowatt
05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Checked a few Dollar Generals this morning and nothing yet.

kryptokicker
05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Checked 4 in canton and got nothing...

kryptokicker
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Got'em in ravenna!!! Only one case

ceraurus
05-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Just picked up a set at the Mason Dollar General. They were on the shelf and not on the pegs, so make sure you look around.

Well, that sure was easy! :D