PDA

View Full Version : Jet Pack Duke & P.P. Officer Variants Found

Blowtorch 77
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone, I've been a member of this forum for a little while, but have never posted a thread, until now. I wanted to know if anyone else had noticed these two variants I've recently found on my figures on their own figures. Jet Pack Duke is missing the U.S. flag on his shoulder, & the P.P. Officer's web gear is lacking the P.P. pattern. I've found no info on them anywhere & it's been bugging my curiosity. Let me know.

Syn3sthesia
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think they are variants. They seem to be nothing more than figs that were not fully painted.

Put them on eBay and watch the madness ensue. You may actually sell those for quite the change.

MAJOR WOLF
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah I think they just didn't get painted right. But yeah Sell them for a $100 each on e-bay!!!

Blowtorch 77
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I call them more "paint apps mishaps" myself, but as you say, with the madness that "variants" produce, I thought I'd find out if more people had seen these, or if it was just truly random paint apps errors of which I happened to have found 2 in the same case.

Syn3sthesia
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I have not seem them till now. Good catch tho.

nighthawk
06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Darn! If all the Python Patrol Officers didn't have the Python pattern, then I'd be interested in getting them.

hectorxd
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
seriously, ebay them. Some people love to collect that type of stuff. You will probably make enough to buy the next wave with your profits.

Blowtorch 77
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Agreed. I thought that the color patterns, minus the web gear detail actually made him look a lot cooler.

hamilcar
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
nothing new to add, really... i'll just reiterate what others have said:
1) they aren't variants
2) they are factory production errors
3) some people do like to collect these
4) you could probably make a killing on ebay with them

Syn3sthesia
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I can see the Duke one getting crazy bids.

Not so much for the Phyton O. Not that many people like them.

Blowtorch 77
06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. Duke's mistake seems more like it could contend for "legitimate variant" status. Anyways, if anyone also has these in their collection, please let me know so as to get an idea on how many may be out there. Thanks all for a very pleasant first experience.

Gung.Heaux
06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
the P.P. Officer's web gear is lacking the P.P. pattern.

actually, the python patrol officer with no pattern, looks better than the piss-poor pattern that mine has.

hes in the back of my display where its darkest though, so it really doesnt make a diff one way or the other.

nighthawk
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
If all his yellow was changed to that green color with no Python pattern, I would have bought a few. I'm just not digging the yellow so I bought none.