PDA

View Full Version : Questions Marvel Universe and Joes...compatible parts swap?

Shipshape1983
04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Ok....I dont like wasting my money on stuff I might not need,

I'm considering combining parts from both lines to make customs, but not sure how compatible this would be.

Joes have a screw on the inner thigh that makes it easy to remove the legs..

Marvel figures dont..
I dont think Marvel figures tosos pop open as easy as Joe's either..

Is there a way to combine the figures? How do the legs on Marvel figures remove?

any help is appreciated.

brhodges
04-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Marvel legs just pop off the plastic t-bar. The torso's crack the same as the joes only it's a lot better to use a vice instead of vice grips and ger the torso to tart poping apart then use a small flathead screwdriver tto pry it a part. some times some dremaling or bulding up is required but not as bad as some other figures in the same scale.

starwarsgeek
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
There are ways to combine parts from almost any line with any other line... depends on how much work you want to do.

Obi-Shinobi
04-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I've used combo's of the 2 several times. You can do it, but just like the Joe's - not all arms will fit all torsos, etc, etc.

Go for it.

ChaplainAsst
04-07-2011, 09:32 AM
They are slightly different construction and require a little bit of work to combine them with each other. But their torsos are very 25th-like in appearance so they fit in extremely well. When you really look at the parts, you realize the design teams are not working together as the parts are distinct in different ways. Heads don't often just pop-on to 25th figures and legs sometimes require a little bit of work to fit. But you CAN work them. They are MUCH better for parts than SW figures overall.

Shipshape1983
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Just picked up a Submariner figure.
Working on a Doc Savage.