PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2:Arrival

Steelgrave
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Anybody else downloading it tomorrow? I can't wait!

pig iron grenadier
03-29-2011, 02:32 AM
I can wait till I get off work...............................i hope Liara is in it.

Talisman
03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Crap, it's out tomorrow? I haven't even downloaded Lair of the Shadow Broker yet...

Stupid not having a job...

Steelgrave
03-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Whoa! There's gonna be a lot of bitching about how short it is. I just blew through it in less than an hour. And I wasn't trying to go fast. I took my sweet time.

Lair Of The Shadow Broker is still my favorite part of ME2. I love that one to death. Project Overlord was awesome too! Unfortunately Arrival isn't anything to get excited over.

Talisman
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Whoa! There's gonna be a lot of bitching about how short it is. I just blew through it in less than an hour. And I wasn't trying to go fast. I took my sweet time.

Lair Of The Shadow Broker is still my favorite part of ME2. I love that one to death. Project Overlord was awesome too! Unfortunately Arrival isn't anything to get excited over.

If that's the case, I'll just wait until they release the compilation disc.

Which will likely happen around the time they release ME3, which will REALLY screw me up.

pig iron grenadier
03-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I'll get it I just downloaded the last appearance pack in anticipation, but now I hear it is all solo...oh well. All this DA playing has me jonesing for some good ol' head shooting.

Steelgrave
03-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Yup! Others feel the same as I do.

GameSpot Forums - Mass Effect 2 - Who disliked Arrival? (no spoilers) (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/mass-effect-2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58623168&pid=944907)

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network (http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect/Mass-Effect-2-Official-Campaign-Quests-and-Storylines-Spoilers-Warning/Mass-Effect-Arrival-feedback-thread-6831151-1.html)

It's cool to have something new to do in ME2 but it wasn't anything to get excited over.

pig iron grenadier
03-30-2011, 12:20 PM
It was Ok. I liked it more because it kinda clues you in to where ME3 is going. It wasn't as good as Overlord or LOTSB though. I will say the swarming troops coming after you solo is pretty rough unless you are good as switching at weapons quick. It was better than Firewalker...........

Talisman
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
It was better than Firewalker...........

Firewalker was free and Day One DLC. They were experimenting.

pig iron grenadier
03-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe for PS3..it wasn't day one for Xbox. Month1 maybe.

rsg
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
I've bought it but haven't gotten around to it yet. It would be nice if it didn't trigger until after the suicide mission - it was a little odd getting contacted about an imminent Reaper Invasion when I'm still putting my team together.

Overlord and Shadow Broker was great, everything else averages out to average but still worth it to me - especially that last gun pack with the Mattock and Geth Shotgun.

Short doesn't bother me, it's the being alone part - why create a mission like this and force the player to go through it alone when the whole point of the game is building a cohesive unit?

Steelgrave
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Did you guys survive 5 waves of enemies while Object Rho powered up? It's a pain in the ass but it's easier of you hide behind the desks over on the left side.

If Mass Effect 3 picks up right after Arrival then I'm going to have to play through it again & leave Arrival til the very end.

Wilhelm
04-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Wasn't too happy with Arrival. Guess I was expecting something different. Pretty stoked for ME3 though!!!